CSC 980 FM presets

Status
Not open for further replies.

soundsyztem

Member (SA)
Jul 23, 2015
Ohio
Recently bought this on eBay and have been cleaning it up. It had cassette door taped shut, chunk of front case missing, and damages to deck along with missing playback and record heads. The box sounds really good with tuner and line in so its a shame about the deck. Anyway, My question is in regards to setting presets for FM. I don't know if something is not working or if I'm just not doing setup correctly.

Do I just tune in a station then hold down a preset button for a specific time? I hit a preset and it picks up a station just not the one I tuned in. Thanks for any information

Attachments

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
I have that box, it's great. An upgraded Crown 850, with even better speakers and amps. Awesome deep bass when listening to movie trailers.

To set the presets, you use a screwdriver in those little black holes on the side of the box. You do this while you're looking at the small meter on the front of the box.

soundsyztem

Member (SA)
Jul 23, 2015
Ohio
Reli,

Thanks I completely overlooked the screws and they are marked now that I look closer! tried them and they work well with the signal meter on this box.

Status
Not open for further replies.