Conion Clairtone Helix Cassette Storage Drawer

Status
Not open for further replies.

zorlac

Member (SA)
Sep 22, 2010
Flint,Michigan
www.facebook.com
This may or may not work longer than temporary for this situation and the cost is only 0.99 cents at Joann's ho' ass fabrickziz.
Here I have this conion cassette drawer that is missing an aluminum face plate.

I found this unique looking cardstock with a shiney brushed aluminum finish. It is thick and perfect for this cassette drawer if you were to add a clear piece of heavy duty 3m shipping tape to cover it as to protect the surface and help it shine a little. It costs $0.99 and makes a great temporary fix for photo shoots.

Simply cut it out to the exact size, tape the outside or leave it bare, as it looks good with out tape (the tape idea is just to protect it from any humidity), then glue it in place as if it were the original conion brushed aluminum. You can't tell this stuff apart from aluminum, it even looks better, but obviously not as durable.
Pictures where I was using this metalic cardstock on another project are at the bottom of this post. You can get an idea of how real it looks.

Ebay Cassette Drawer Auciton
&
Ebay Tape Counter Face Plate Auction

Metalic paper

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
OH SNAP!!! I might could use that for the Realistic SCR-8 faceplate and save myself LOTS of headache with aluminum laser cutting. :w00t: :yes: Looks like I'll be heading to JoAnn's.

zorlac

Member (SA)
Sep 22, 2010
Flint,Michigan
www.facebook.com
Fatdog said:
OH SNAP!!! I might could use that for the Realistic SCR-8 faceplate and save myself LOTS of headache with aluminum laser cutting. :w00t: :yes: Looks like I'll be heading to JoAnn's.
This stuff is so cool, I just don't know how well it would hold to humidity unless it was protected. After all it is only cardstock or "metalic paper" as it is called. The label on the back says Dexter, MI. It also reads made in China. Here's another pic. I'm not sure if i'm going to use it as the fm/am/sw frequency scale but it will be one of several choices.
Here you will see where I tried several times to get a straight line, finally the masking tape worked the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.