Can someone fix my JVC RC-M90?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

skippy1969

Boomus Fidelis
May 6, 2009
Baraboo Wisconsin
I'm looking for someone who can fix my RC-M90.
The problem is that the music search is dead. :-/
The lights on the 5 step music scanner do not light up.
The lights on the pause and record do not light up either. :thumbsdown:
But the deck seems to function great Other than those issues.
Everything else on the M90 works and sounds awesome.
Please let me know if you would be interested in looking at this for me.
I'm not tech savvy enough to tackle this.
Thanks!

BoomboxLover48

Boomus Fidelis
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Today I looked at the schematics and struggled to figure out what could cause the music search to stop and the LED lights to malfunction at the same time. I couldn't find the root cause.. .. :no: ...

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Jan 7, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Hi Skippy

I had a similar situation with my 90 and I opened her up, to see if anything "visually incorrect" jumped out at me (ie. burned out fuse resistors, loose connectors etc. And what I did notice was a ground to the PC board above the cassette deck was coorroded and had a doubtful connection.

A new connector, and a good tightening, I was back in business.

I'm not saying this IS the fix (That's Norm's expertise) but a little poking around (non invasive just visual) may help.

Please note the bottom left corner was one I didn't redo...It's only a support but that's what it looked like before :sadno:

I hope this helps...

skip1.jpg

skippy1969

Boomus Fidelis
May 6, 2009
Baraboo Wisconsin
BoomboxLover48 said:
Today I looked at the schematics and struggled to figure out what could cause the music search to stop and the LED lights to malfunction at the same time. I couldn't find the root cause.. .. :no: ...

Thanks for looking though,I appreciate it....... :smooch: :cool:

skippy1969

Boomus Fidelis
May 6, 2009
Baraboo Wisconsin
Brutus442 said:
Hi Skippy

I had a similar situation with my 90 and I opened her up, to see if anything "visually incorrect" jumped out at me (ie. burned out fuse resistors, loose connectors etc. And what I did notice was a ground to the PC board above the cassette deck was coorroded and had a doubtful connection.

A new connector, and a good tightening, I was back in business.

I'm not saying this IS the fix (That's Norm's expertise) but a little poking around (non invasive just visual) may help.

Please note the bottom left corner was one I didn't redo...It's only a support but that's what it looked like before :sadno:

I hope this helps...

[ Image ]

Thanks for the ideas,but I don't think a bad ground is my problem as my deck works great. Just the music search and the pause,record lights don't work. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.