boombox ads, pictures & related (Broadband Suggested)

Ambience

Member (SA)
Apr 11, 2015
Colorado Springs, CO
crazygamer said:
Very cool video i happened to see in Youtube (in Japanese), damn, they used to make great commercials back then :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7n3KeaE6xM
Gah! My Panasonic RX 5080! So awesome!

MyOhMy said:
Pilgrims' Choice cheese advertisement on UK TV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6XPYYgZ4oU
Haha hilarious...pretty much how I get when I turn on my BB at home.

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
Alpha Mike said:
Good find. I know the prices don't seem too bad upon reflection but, at the time, almost everything audio seem to cost a small fortune at the very least - which probably goes some way too explaining the proliferation of so many cheapo boxes that are still available after all this time. That said, even a lowly mini can sound far better than expected when listening through headphones. :yes:

peturssc

Member (SA)
Jan 5, 2020
Reactions: Brutus442

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Ha ha, Good Guys was always a ripoff. $1,498 for a poorly built Fisher system that would probably only last 7-8 years?

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
better than a mobile phone that lasts a month Reli, mind you the core systems do look mickey mouse lol

Alpha Mike

Member (SA)
May 16, 2019
SI
Sorry for OT, but I didn't know where to post. I saw an add for this used NP and I got very hyped.. Help is needed. What is a fair price to pay for this beauty?? Supose to be working and playing with no problems. Juste some minor scuffs on body. Cant find any add to compare...
RX.jpg

AE_Stereo

Member (SA)
Apr 24, 2012
Abu Dhabi, UAE
I would have just picked it up for whatever the owner is asking for, if the seller is not a dealer, but the original owner!
It is the best sounding NP in the RX-5100 series.

Alpha Mike

Member (SA)
May 16, 2019
SI
He is not a dealer. It is only boombox in his possesion. I not sure he even knows this is very rare piece here in EU. But I don't wanna be a bi**h and low ball him with price. Tomorow I will call him and make fair offer for both of us. Good actions allways pay back..

Hisrudeness

Member (SA)
Jan 1, 2014
South East London UK
He is not a dealer. It is only boombox in his possesion. I not sure he even knows this is very rare piece here in EU. But I don't wanna be a bi**h and low ball him with price. Tomorow I will call him and make fair offer for both of us. Good actions allways pay back..
Got one of these last year. Nice thing to look at. Small but decent sound and power. Built pretty nicely and National Panasonic did some really nice speaker grills and ring designs in that era. I paid £60 for this.CADFB782-1053-4D9E-B896-B1C925333362.jpeg

Reactions: Alpha Mike

AE_Stereo

Member (SA)
Apr 24, 2012
Abu Dhabi, UAE
If he is an old man, give him a good price, if you can afford!
I have done that many times - paying more than what people asked without knowing its worth!