Belts Sizes for Panasonic RX-FW50

Groovy_Tunes78

Oct 28, 2023
North Carolina, US
Thanks! I've tracked down the manual for my Panasonic and it lists the replacement belts as being "RDV43Z" and "RDV42Z" is there any way to use these model numbers to track down current replacement belts.

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
Unfortunately many boxes have no cross reference info, but I've had great luck measuring belt paths with string/wire and subtracting 5%. Sampler packs work too but sometimes the size/cross-section you need is missing (and quality can be iffy).

Reactions: Tubejunkie

Groovy_Tunes78

Oct 28, 2023
North Carolina, US
Unfortunately many boxes have no cross reference info, but I've had great luck measuring belt paths with string/wire and subtracting 5%. Sampler packs work too but sometimes the size/cross-section you need is missing (and quality can be iffy).
Ahh, ok. I have the original belts intact, can I just measure them and remove 5%?

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
No measure the path they take on the pulleys, the belt has likely stretched out over the years and doesn't represent the original length anymore.
Once you know the cross section and length you can find the closest match on the chart of standard belt sizes

Last edited: