Because what they sell now is quite crap

AlexB

Dec 19, 2022
World
Greetings, everyone!
I am very pleased to become a member of this forum. I am from Romania, and I become interested about vintage Panasonic boomboxes, recently, when I was in the market for a compact high quality sound system from the mentioned brand, and that the stuff found on stores shelves, as brand new ”state of the art” turned to be mediocre crap.

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
Greetings, everyone!
I am very pleased to become a member of this forum. I am from Romania, and I become interested about vintage Panasonic boomboxes, recently, when I was in the market for a compact high quality sound system from the mentioned brand, and that the stuff found on stores shelves, as brand new ”state of the art” turned to be mediocre crap.
Welcome .
Panasonic made a wide variety boomboxes of all shapes and size but most of the things nowadays are just plastic with almost no weight to it and it looks are just plain ugly.
Hopefully you can find a boombox that you're looking for I'm sure Panasonic makes something anybody would be happy with.

AlexB

Dec 19, 2022
World
Welcome .
Panasonic made a wide variety boomboxes of all shapes and size but most of the things nowadays are just plastic with almost no weight to it and it looks are just plain ugly.
Hopefully you can find a boombox that you're looking for I'm sure Panasonic makes something anybody would be happy with.
Thanks. I already have an Rx-DT07 and an Rx-DT75. Both, bought this year and both in restoration/ repair process.

Rallyguy

Apr 19, 2023
Toronto Canada
I have a Panasonic RX-DT-680 and while from the 90's and maybe not vintage enough for you - I highly recommend seeking one out. They are just amazing sounding - and what seems like a gimmick, the S-XBS feature to dial in extra bass, actually works! I hope you can find one to at least listen to.

And of course if you like Panasonic, you can always stretch to their high-end brand, Technics and try out the monster SA-C07. I just dare you. : )

RK