awsomedog is an a-hole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
MIDWEST
Spud, I spent $45 for TWO KNOBS for a Elta Master Blaster (really an Orbex)...

Call me crazy but I would also spend $110 for two mint antennas! I have spent $45 for one C100F antenna!!!
:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :lol: :yes: :yes: :yes: :afro: :dunce:

Its all in what you need to make your box as nice as you can! :yes:

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
i guess the answer would be nothing cuz i would'nt sell them lol ,on the other hand my standards are probably lower than yours ,i just can't see myself spending $100 + dollars on antennas for anything on this earth ,if i was rich i would but i'm not , either way i hope yours work out for you , i give you credit for being that deticated to the originality of the box.

Superduper

Member (SA)
:hmmm: What is all this obsession with original antennas? Replacement antennas, if properly sized, look just fine for $8 - $10 a piece. If I had an M90, and I don't, I would sell you my antennas for $110 then take $20 of that and get some nice, brand new, replacements.

No one has any issues with replacing the lamps with non oem, generic replacement belts and upgraded capacitors. Why the antenna so much different?

I went through all this with the cars of the 60's and 70's. Cars we used to just love to drive, which now due to everyone wanting "matching" numbers and such, these cars are show queens only and can't be driven because they are too valuable. At one point, these cars were fun to drive, soup up and improve. Nowadays, they have all become museum pieces for the rich. Too bad 'cause they don't make them like this anymore.

Just my 2cents anyhow.

ahardb0dy

Member (SA)
Superduper said:
:hmmm: What is all this obsession with original antennas? Replacement antennas, if properly sized, look just fine for $8 - $10 a piece. If I had an M90, and I don't, I would sell you my antennas for $110 then take $20 of that and get some nice, brand new, replacements.

No one has any issues with replacing the lamps with non oem, generic replacement belts and upgraded capacitors. Why the antenna so much different?

I went through all this with the cars of the 60's and 70's. Cars we used to just love to drive, which now due to everyone wanting "matching" numbers and such, these cars are show queens only and can't be driven because they are too valuable. At one point, these cars were fun to drive, soup up and improve. Nowadays, they have all become museum pieces for the rich. Too bad 'cause they don't make them like this anymore.

Just my 2cents anyhow.
:agree:

Johnny

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
MIDWEST
Superduper said:

Just my 2cents anyhow.

After reading this statement, I have to agree. I sold a '68 GTO because I never drove it, too worried about having a accident, someone scratching it's $$$$ paint job. I have decided life is too short to save it for the next guy, enjoy it! I am not saying "tear the s*it out of it!" but enjoy it... I am as guilty as the next guy about wanting original parts, just to make the box as nice as possible.. I do still enjoy them, but trust me when I take them outside, dollars are dancing across my mind!! :yes:

Thanks Superduper!

Superduper

Member (SA)
I'm only saying what I did because unlike some cosmetic parts such as knobs that are such an integral and cohesive part of the machine, antennas are, what, antennas! If sized correctly, any non-collector would be hard pressed to tell the difference. Besides, they would certainly be functional replacements. The day that the "norm" is to obsess about original everything is the day that these boxes will be nothing more than an ornament behind a glass cabinet or a china vase behind a chained off area.

Status
Not open for further replies.