My GF-777Z ** NEW 2nd revision of the CONION Style BASS Meters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpl-Chronic

Member (SA)
May 14, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, CANADA
The bottom of the 777 was fitted with CONION C-100 meters & responds to the power going to the Super Woofer channels. I also modified the firing order of the LEDs so that the meters light up out from the center LED instead of left to right....See video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQmnb87itlw&feature=youtu.be

Cheers,
Cpl

Barb Bush

Member (SA)
Apr 19, 2017
SoCal
Now that is appropriate. I love that, showing power meters for just the subs, very nice. I'm not keen with all the different colors, but man that looks really good lit up.

Awesome.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
As a gf 777 butcherer I know myself its hard to leave this box alone because it begs for more and they are one of the best to build on and the ****ing pound when you put the right speakers in, **** it takes balls to do all that **** might not be eveybodys ideal box you made it your own so you have to admire that.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
stereomad said:
Can't see why you just can't leave things how there meant to be.......another box ruined
Well, GF777's are hardly rare. Seems like everyone and their mother owns one. So why not mod it?

Now the GF-1000 is a different story. That looks nice the way it is. The 777 is boring in comparison.....it NEEDS to be modded.

Nice work!

Cpl-Chronic

Member (SA)
May 14, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, CANADA
riker1068 said:
Is it wired in series or parallel? I added some bose 2hm to mine some time ago. I would think the manufacturers wiring is parallel. Can I do it in series?
No...Series is not possible. Each woofer is a seperate channel & the Tweeters have to be crossed in paralell with the outer woofers. There is no other way to wire it up & you would cut your power output in half if you could do it that way anyways thus defeating the whole purpose of 2 OHM woofers...

Status
Not open for further replies.