Epay steal of a lifetime M90 all cleaned up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Just did a quick cleaning with some windex, rag, and toothbrush. I opened it up just to spin the flywheel to get the heads to go down on the cassette so I can open the door. The capstan motor did stop when I did that so now I can load up with batteries and not have that running all the time. The rear case is missing some screws, but no case or post damage to speak of :thumbsup: . When I have more time I will get into fixing the cassette deck and paint the speaker grills and do more touchup.

Not bad for being found on the curb in Brooklyn, NY and bought on epay :w00t: . Hard to think someone threw this away and also hard to think you guys were sleeping when the auction ended at only $180!!! :lol:Thanks for looking!!!!!!!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
MONOLITHIC said:
According to me, that's now officially THE BEST box in your collection (regardless of the missing knobs and whatnot)! :cool:

Congratulations!

Thanks man. It feels great to own one. I honestly never had a M90 on my wanted list just because of the prices they go for. I just had a good feeling about it and dove in. :angelic:

Alfie: you're welcome man, glad you are enjoying your strap!

Superduper: having those OG antennas is unbelievable and with NO KINKs even :thumbsup: . Super smooth operation in and out :yes:

-GZ- : yeah, someone get me some knobs STAT! Hahaha.

stormsven: I am talking with bredgo about getting a set of knobs and I like the idea of going with all BLACK knobs too. That would probably look pretty good like that :yes:

Ira: I respectfully accept your suggestion of keeping it! :yes: :lol: :thumbsup:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Great pick up Joe :thumbsup: Just saw Scott's M90, 1st one I ever seen and heard in person, and it was awesome to finally do that :drool: :drool: Although, and this is just my opinion, but it just didn't impress me as much as I thought it would :blush: It could have been the awesome sound the Telefunkin put out :-D

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
That telefunkin is stoooooooopid nice. That is in a class of it's own seriously. Unreal how that thing sounds.

I think Scott probably just turned the volume UP WAAAAAY TOO LOUD and you couldn't appreciate it for what it can do just at 1/4 to 1/2 volume :no: .

The M90 is a boring looking box :-/ . Oh well :lol:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
blu_fuz said:
That telefunkin is stoooooooopid nice. That is in a class of it's own seriously. Unreal how that thing sounds.

I think Scott probably just turned the volume UP WAAAAAY TOO LOUD and you couldn't appreciate it for what it can do just at 1/4 to 1/2 volume :no: .

The M90 is a boring looking box :-/ . Oh well :lol:
:thumbsup: Don't get me wrong Joe, The M90 is still on my shortlist of wants because it is a well made and good looking box ;-) BUT I am not going to pay as much as I would have been willing to pay before I seen and heard it ... But you got and excellent deal, and so did Scott for the M90's :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.