your best LOW VOLUME boxes ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterBlaster84

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Northern California
redbenjoe said:
jaetee --that 2199 might have been made by sanyo or more likely toshiba for sears --

but i have never seen another AKA --
so it may have been a sears exclusive.
:agree: I've never seen any other version of this exact box that I can recall. Sears did a lot of Sanyo's but this doesn't have any Sanyo styling. :hmmm:

Eddy

Member (SA)
May 20, 2009
redbenjoe said:
blah blah and eddy !!!

do you guys live on your own private FARMS ???????????????????? :w00t: :lol:

----------

and yes there fatdog --
i forgot all about the sanyo 720 --
at low volume -
it sounds as great as it looks :yes: :yes: :cool:
Nope , but understanding neighbours are a plus :dj-party: :dj-party: :dj-party:

monchito

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
pythonville florida
i have to say my c50 sansui fx-700 will do the job nicely its a very small and capable little box and the c20 also,, i do not have one,, but if you want good bass at low volume cant go wrong with these as they can be moved around wherever you want and still enjoy your low music :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: and for some nice maybe a little bigger the sansui cp5,7 :yes: :yes: :yes:

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
agree with you ramonshakalaks about those little boxes --

and --for a small fee --
:yes: we can arrange for you to borrow my lovely C20 for a few hours per month :-D

MONOLITHIC said:
I believe my best low volume box is the Hitachi Perdisco TRK-8600RM. :yes: The sound falls apart after "4" tho. :-/
mine used to do that when i bought it ( a TRK8190E ),

but it was a malfunction,

the Function / Off switch,

was dirty inside, so instead of a direct shunt when turned on,

the switch ( made by OMRON ) had a 132Ohm resistance.

I just had to blow some compressed air into it, the spray de ox / similar , ( only a bit ),

and it now works very well with loud volume, up to 10.

With Loudness On, and 5, 5, treble , bass settings.

just a thought.

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
i often do rent them out --
just have never charged $$ anybody yet -

so .....its not all that profitable -- :-O
and its a neat trick to try and
'make it up in the volume'
:lol: :-D :dunce:

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
As they've not been mentioned, I'd like to rate my Aiwa TPR-950 and Superscope CRS-403S as very nice sounding boxes on medium to low volume. Both keep the warmth and range right down to low volumes, beautiful sounding units.

Rock On.

I have a few that sound good at low volume:

GF-777 / 767

VZ-2000 / 2500 BSLT

Toshiba RT-120S ( we also have one of these in the kitchen.....A great box!! )

Hitachi TRK 3D80.

I am not sure why, but some boxes seem to lack in the bass department when at low volume. They just ask to be woofed hard, and some of my boxes don't really do bass, like my baby Sanyo M7735L, for example, or Sharp QT-27s.

-BoomBoxDeluxe.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
bill said:
also i think the sanyo m9998k and its smaller brother the 9996 also have excellent sound at low volume.
hmm I would have to disagree, I have a 9998K and it has no bass at low volume, compared to say a TPR-950 or a Crown 850 or a 16000 Supersound

Now, when you crank it up using the right input source, it can put out some bass....... I hooked up my laptop and played the Avatar trailer off Youtube, and it put out some very nice low frequencies.

But at really low volumes, with just FM radio, those other 3 boxes I mentioned sound better.

strigner

Member (SA)
Jan 19, 2011
Wales
BoomBoxDeluxe said:
I have a few that sound good at low volume:

GF-777 / 767

VZ-2000 / 2500 BSLT

Toshiba RT-120S ( we also have one of these in the kitchen.....A great box!! )

Hitachi TRK 3D80.

I am not sure why, but some boxes seem to lack in the bass department when at low volume. They just ask to be woofed hard, and some of my boxes don't really do bass, like my baby Sanyo M7735L, for example, or Sharp QT-27s.

-BoomBoxDeluxe.
With you on the toshiba rt-120s, I picked one up for 3 pounds recently :-D And very happy with it - sounds great at low volumes

MONOLITHIC

No Longer Active
May 6, 2009
Illadelph, East Coast
twitter.com
MONOLITHIC said:
I believe my best low volume box is the Hitachi Perdisco TRK-8600RM. :yes: The sound falls apart after "4" tho. :-/
Scratch that! My best low volume box is...

During a recent unscientific test, I discovered that it, surprisingly, has deeper bass than my M90. :cool:

I wish it had that M90 power tho... :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.