Yes another newb here

Status
Not open for further replies.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I just gave away a tuner knob that would fit this. Ill message the guy because I don't know if he even needed it.

Mattinthebox

Member (SA)
Oct 16, 2015
Detroit, MI
blu_fuz said:
I just gave away a tuner knob that would fit this. Ill message the guy because I don't know if he even needed it.
Well I'd really appreciate that, sincerely, since right now I only have a knob the diameter of a quarter size coin (0.25 USD$ for our friends outside the US) & with it sunk into the larger original knobs recess my big fred flintstone fingers makes it difficult, but not impossible, for me to tune... Ha! :lol:

Mattinthebox

Member (SA)
Oct 16, 2015
Detroit, MI
blu_fuz said:
If I was you, I would leave every bit of it alone. Exactly how you found it, just sanitized. It tells an awesome story of where it has been. This is how it should be.
Ya know I was kicking myself in the ass after thinking about what you said. I felt I kinda killed it's personality & erased the "historical journey" that brought it to my hands but after looking back majority of the stickers were paper based & were in pretty bad shape when I received it.
They were wet, wrinkled, ink bleeding, lifting, etc... so I guess all in all I didn't murder it. I totally get what you were sayin.
Honestly I do appreciate art & if it would have been vinyl stickers/decals, a slick graffiti tag or something a little more permanent then I would have definitely preserved it. Maybe a "how to or restoration tips" thread should be created for those that do take the time to get the opinions of others before tackling a restoration & considering the preservation of the box's personality.

At least I still have the speaker grille's HIGH FIDELITY "Hype in Effect" artwork still intact which is what I chose to use for an avatar.

Now If I could have anything for it I would have wished that the previous owner didn't rip the cassette doors off, that's about the biggest bummer about this box, not that I'm complaining, I'm just sayin.

Do any of the members ever find replacements for the TRC-935 or are they scavenged from other salvage units?
I did read a post, I think it was here, about the TRC-975 having the same doors. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks for all the warm welcomes so far & I hope to soon contribute to this swell community... Keep your boxes bangin' :chris920:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Its all good. We are happy you are here to enjoy it and stick around.

From what I know the 975, 951, and 935 doors will fit yours.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
WOW what a story.

It's possible to track those parts down. I now member Miles (aka =m=) was 3D printing the EQ sliders, but he's been MIA lately, I have been trying to get a set myself.

I like the fact that you have your first radio and your freaking out because you missed out on your second radio :lol: :lol: :lol:

YEP, your gonna fit in just fine around here! :-D :yes:

Mattinthebox

Member (SA)
Oct 16, 2015
Detroit, MI
Ya that's exactly what I was thinking about the sliders & even the inner part of the cassette deck doors & finish the outside with some blacked out plexi. I was curious how to go about re-chroming the volume pot sliders, I saw a post in the restos section but haven't got around to reading it yet.

That second box is still "up in the air" since I'm still waiting for conformation whether or not it sold & if you like my posts so far check out the general chat, I scored another box yesterday... As Borat would say, "I'm very excite!!!" :thumbsup:

markoneswift

Member (SA)
Dec 11, 2015
Aotearoa New Zealand
SLO said:
:lol: What model Lasonic are you looking for ??? Anything specific?
Nope, not really anything specific. I just remember the brand generally when I was growing up and they were always beyond the reach of pocket money, birthday money, crappy jobs filling shelves in supermarkets etc. I almost had enough cash to buy one once, but then a girl asked me on a date.....the rest, is history :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.