Xiaosan777

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sazeus

Member (SA)
Mar 21, 2012
Melbourne Australia
So I was feeling lucky and I bought a GF-777 from Xiaosan in China. Came like this:

No fragile sticker

That was sad because it would have been mint. There's polystyrene bits in the tuner window. One channel is very quiet and a lot of static on the controls. The cassette doors don't open smoothly.
I let him know and he up and sent another one. It came packed exactly the same way as the first with no fragile sticker but survived the journey alright. It's not in the same immaculate condition that this one was before it was smashed but it's pretty good and fully working. The cassette doors work well. The speakers on the second one are quite worn and I think I will swap them over.

So on the whole I did pretty well, two shabby 777s for the price of one really expensive one.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Damn, well at least he makes good on refunding people, or (in your case) sending you a new one.

But I cringe every time I see photos of his packaging. One good blow or drop on the side of the box, and.......

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
Mar 5, 2010
Berlin, Germany
www.myradio.berlin
You are lucky...I bought mine and it came busted like yours, technically totally defective! :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed:

The seller never refunded me or sent me a second one. :'-( Just because the f$%&ing package took long enough to exceed the eBay claim possibility :thumbsdown: :'-(

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
mmcodomino said:
You are lucky...I bought mine and it came busted like yours, technically totally defective! :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed:

The seller never refunded me or sent me a second one. :'-( Just because the f$%&ing package took long enough to exceed the eBay claim possibility :thumbsdown: :'-(
Wow, really? How long did it take? I thought they gave you 60 days? Or is it 45?

I purchased a box from him, and it only took about 7 days as I recall :-O (probably because I'm in California right across the ocean from him)

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
Mar 5, 2010
Berlin, Germany
www.myradio.berlin
Reli said:
mmcodomino said:

Wow, really? How long did it take? I thought they gave you 60 days? Or is it 45?

I purchased a box from him, and it only took about 7 days as I recall :-O (probably because I'm in California right across the ocean from him)
It took like one and a half months. :-/
I guess I really had bad luck back then :sadno:
Anyway, I own a fully working 777 now which is in okay shape so I am happy :yes:

bklyn sound

Member (SA)
Dec 7, 2011
i feel your pain so sorry but that guy su$%#.my 767 was in the same way but mostly on the back....and a blown speaker just for kicks glad you got you $ back from him :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: here are my pics

MasterBlaster84

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Northern California
monchito said:
foam is never enough especialy that box :thumbsdown:
:agree: Foam alone is to rigid and transfers the hits, loads, twisting and whatever else may happen. :thumbsdown: At the very least it needs a soft layer like bubble wrap to absorb and not transfer the abuse. After several years of broken boxes and refunds you would think the seller would get it right at some point.

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
Exactly how mine was packed....I should've asked for a second one instead of half my money back
Glad you're happy...that's all that matters

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
these always break in the same places :dunce:

they are too damn heavy and big for their own good ,and the plastic cases are thinner than lasonic's :lol:

i love these boxes but shipping them without a concrete bunker surrounding them is like a crap shoot at best .

mine was in 50 pieces when i bought it but was in a 100 pieces when it arrived :lol: .

hell either way you can fix up both for the price of 1 :-D

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
This seller will never learn, he is totally useless and we should never expect a well packed box from him. He clearly couldn't care less about boomboxes. :thumbsdown:
Hope tou fix yours up satisfactorily.

alfie

Member (SA)
Mar 11, 2010
Sydney, Australia
I've bought 2 boxes from him and mine travelled ok with no damage. They were packed the same way as everyone else's which turned up broken.
Guess I was lucky. Fortunately for me, he doesn't have anymore radios I'm keen on.
It's all a gamble when it comes to shipping. I've had radios badly packed that turn out just fine and there's been well packed radios that have turned up with issues.
As long as boom boxes get shipped we'll keep having these issues..... :-/

pancitboy

Member (SA)
Sep 14, 2012
san francisco, CA., USA
I am new to boombox collecting. I actually had a GF-777 I got for my 16th birthday back in 1982 after nagging my parents for a whole year. I spent a lot time listening to music making music tape compilations from this box - sort of like how my kids spend their free time in front of the computer. Anyway, my memories from my teenage years started coming back when I found old tapes (mostly mixes) I saved from back in the days. I decided a month ago to find my old boombox. I found it on eBay for a price that seems to be what people are paying for this unit. I just receive a GF-777 from Xiosan777. It was packed the same way as Sazeus package. The package looked okay on the outside but, when I opened it, I could feel a loose heavy part moving around inside. The radio dial knob was loose and the dial needle would not move. The radio basically did not work and so does 7 other functions i.e, balance control, VU meter, APLD, volume in and out when adjusting, etc.. A big disappointment came when I found a 12 crack on the outside back cover of the boombox. This crack is starting to open up as im typing this message. I'm afraid I will end up with a big hole. Bottomline is that the boombox is not as described. I emailed the seller and he offered $100 for compensation or refund if I send it back to China. Could anyone in this forum make suggestions on how to deal with my situation. Should I ask for another box and hope Xiosan777 send me another one? I will counteroffer for more money, but what if he does not accept. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Tell him to send you another one. If that one comes broken too, then you will need to pick up the pieces and try to make 1 good boombox from the 2. :thumbsdown:

We have many members here in the states that can help.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
1st off how much did he get you for. Because he will only refund what you paid and not shipping. Unless shipping was free but you will still need to pay to ship back. I suggest take lots of close up pics and post here. So we can see exactly what issues are. Some issues may be minor and easily repairable. Possibly you can get big refund or parts to fix yours from him. Or maybe whole unit like Blu_fuz said. Pictures will help in decision making. Good luck !!!!

The GF7-- boxes are the worst to buy from overseas because of weight and Sharps plastic is very weak....

Bad Boy Bill

Superduper

Member (SA)
We keep revisiting this issue and people STILL keep buying from China even with all the caveats. The big risk here is that IF there is a problem, you need to return the item at YOUR expense. To me, that is a deal breaker since we aren't talking small chump change. Sure the guy has decent feedback but in my opinion, it in no way reflects the actual experience you will receive since most folks don't file negative feedbacks after they get a partial refund. To me, a partial refund is useless if I was expecting a nice minty unit and it comes with cracks all up and down the front/back. Even if repaired, it will still be a repaired broken unit and so no matter what the refund is, invest the time and effort and even if you come out even $$ wise after all that, you still have a repaired boombox which is not the same as a virgin original one.

Frankly, if you want to roll the dice and lose, the best you can do is make the best of a bad situation and for most people that means taking a partial refund rather than (1) rolling the dice again or (2) an alternative to the high $$ return shipping cost which is likely going to be more than you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.