Not open for further replies.

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
gsbadbmr said:
:thumbsdown:

Airmail = Conveyer Belts = Hard Drops = DAMAGED boomboxes :thumbsdown:

Shipping boxes is, and will always be risky business. I hope you get a full refund :thumbsup:

You said it! :agree: :agree:

Sharp GF777 is very fragile to begin with. The side and top don't have any plastic or metal reinforcement to withstand a gentle hit. :nonono: :nonono:

Double boxing with Styrofoam beads (peanuts) might help. Imagine a box well packed colliding at the corner area of the conveyor belt (Multi-level baggage carousel) with another big travel baggage. Depending on how many instances it has to go through this impact test the damages can become more severe.

vkboy

Member (SA)
Nov 8, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Luckily i did get a total refund and got to keep the unit so it wasn't a total loss, still a shame though as it would have been pretty mint if it had arrived without damage.
just need to do abit of sound deadening as its got abit of vibration since most of the screw points holding the case together are snapped off.
i guess now this just means i need to get another 777Z or a GF-1000 would be even nicer :).

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Lots of members here have fixed the broken sides and screw posts.

It n eeds lots of patience and time.

They used JB weld, sanded and painted it to perfection. Once the work is all done it looked excellent. :yes: :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.