"Wreck-Cel" rebuilding of the Audio Sonic TBS-1150 (aka Rexcel JCX-1000)

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
WOWSER!!! :w00t: :hooray:

If I hadn't seen the video I'm not sure if I would have believed this from anyone but your good self. Among the best, most interesting areas and (almost) mesmerising aspects for me were the repairs to all the structural and casing areas, for some reason I can never get enough of this but it probably has more to do with my non-too-technical understanding of repairs & restos. To have the forethought to document this wonderful resto with a video with so much detail can only be a testament to the outstanding commitment you continue to make in all things BB. (I'd better stop there, I wouldn't want to cause you problems passing through doorways!!! :-D :lol:)

Seriously, I'm full of admiration for all that you've done here but I'll also give thanks to all involved either directly or indirectly. Didn't I mention the fantastic and most entertaining op as well? :yes: :thumbsup:

goodman

Member (SA)
Jun 14, 2011
Bulgaria
Nice video and good restoration. :-)
You must find one button for pause and your boombox will be fully restored.

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
Great work Chris and a great video.
I agree with you that Sal is in the top .1% of people and it was one of the highest pleasures to meet him.

lupogtiboy

Member (SA)
Aug 31, 2018
Surrey UK
Wow what a resto! Gonna watch the video later when it quietens down at work. Not sure if it helps, but the tape holders on the back look like the ones they used in cars during the 80's, made by a company called Fisher, often called Fisher 'C' Boxes. They were often sold as an accessory for most brands of car (I know Vauxhall/Opel and the VW group definitely used them) so you may find a spare one if you search for them that way.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Thank you everyone, especially Samovar for which this restoration couldn't have even happened. Everyone's positive support always makes these things so much fun to share with the community.

It's hard for me to share some of the tricks I have figured out over the years. But hopefully some people here can use this information. Case screw post repair is a real part of the life with these boxes.

@lupogtiboy, I will have a look, thanks for that information

@M.O.M., I always enjoy your colorful vernacular and positive support.

On to the next one!

lupogtiboy

Member (SA)
Aug 31, 2018
Surrey UK
I watched your video last night, what a labour of love that is, but what a result at the end of it all, a real inspiration to anyone who thinks something is 'too far gone' or 'beyond repair'

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
lupogtiboy said:
I watched your video last night, what a labour of love that is, but what a result at the end of it all, a real inspiration to anyone who thinks something is 'too far gone' or 'beyond repair'
Thanks man. Its hard for me to say why I do this. Not sure if I just like the challenge or if I'm too cheapo to simply pay the asking price.

But hopefully when the time comes, you can use this video as a reference!