Which Kaboom is the best for BASS/POWER?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
At least the DB200 doesn't have those gummy endcaps that need to be cleaned with alcohol

superlew

Member (SA)
Apr 22, 2012
Woburn, MA
Reli said:
At least the DB200 doesn't have those gummy endcaps that need to be cleaned with alcohol
That's probably the biggest issue with picking up a well-used B90. I spent two afternoons stripping the end caps and knobs, then another afternoon prepping and painting them in flat black. The end result was great, but it is a lot of work.
Other than that, I find the B90 to be very rock-solid and reliable if it hasn't been abused.
Shakes the walls nicely, too. :yes:

Eddy

Member (SA)
May 20, 2009
Get a DP 200 if you can. I found one on a local second hand website for only 50 euros. Fully functionnal and with the remote.
It's the 3 way sound control that makes these sound better than another kaboom version. I like the CD pitch contol too

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
I hear an early version Kaboom playing at a warehouse i visit regularly. It sounds very bassy/boomy in that environment. The drums sound muffled and loose, not a tight, controlled type of beat.

It would definitely benefit from stronger highs and a more controlled bass line.

Status
Not open for further replies.