What's it worth?

H3NK3L

Member (SA)
Dec 17, 2020
France
Hello, JVC M70 is quite a popular one, most popuoalr version being the AUX /RCA one, least popular being the European DIN version. I seldom see the Japan version (with the knobs on the front). From what I can see they usually go for anything between 200 and 500 European dollars in decent and working condition... But in my modest opinion boomboxes are like modern art, antiques,... They are worth what a fool is willing to pay for it at a given moment...
You may find some asking prices on auction and other seller sites and such, but keep in mind most people selling there put in an asking price based on the others asking prices. Better to be on the lookout for actual selling price.

I m sorry if you expect some precise answer about its current value, I don't think anyone (except for a potential buyer making you an offer) can give you that.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoomboxLover48

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
After all these years they all need a good service to make it all work well. So, the cosmetic and working condition matter a lot.
This is one of the reasons people buy a second or third one of the same models. Some buyers wait till they see one in great shape.

Tinman

Member (SA)
Mar 4, 2019
USA
They are worth what a fool is willing to pay for it at a given moment
Exactly.
It also depends on physical, electrical and mechanical condition.
Recently I've seen people listing M70s on ebay anywhere from $200 - $1200.