what is your most under rated boombox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
ahardb0dy said:
I like that panasonic, "takes out the 880", that's blasphemy!!!
I know it is, to be fair the 880 has a similar bass to the panasonic but the panasonic has the edge bass wize add to this better highs better separation twin auto reverse decks back light display on tuner and 5 band eq the panna has it imho and there both about the same volume, ohh yea plus remote control :'-( runs away and hides :w00t:

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
redbenjoe said:
stepping up to defend the 880 -

i will offer my valued opinion ::

"NO BOX --truly wipes the 880"
:judge:
I havn't even brought in the m90 yet., where do i start ;-) The 880 is a great box and a keeper for me, that's the beauty we can buy any box we like these days so it dose'nt realy matter wich box is best does it :-D

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Tony i couldn't be without eather box, they both have there advantiges and i love em both i mean depending on where you place the box the 880 has a warmer sound than the m90, man buy somore boxes it sure looks like you have the room :-)

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
ahardb0dy said:
No funds to buy any boxes right now, boxes not my current priority, I'm working on my drums for Rock band now, trying to get a drum module
Well living music ie being in a band is better than any box :-D apart from redbenthingymajigs boxes :lol: :-)

bill

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Vancouver
Rimmer36 said:
ahardb0dy said:
No funds to buy any boxes right now, boxes not my current priority, I'm working on my drums for Rock band now, trying to get a drum module
Well living music ie being in a band is better than any box :-D apart from redbenthingymajigs boxes :lol: :-)

most of the time it can be.
however the night i played a show right after a ultra low budget wrestling promotion in a small northern bc town was somewhat less than fun.

ring announcer
next we have a band from vancouver called alunared

crowd begins chanting......

bandmate says dude why are those guys chanting maggots maggots maggots.

me to band mate
dude they are not chanting maggots.

in the end the show went over good. small towns are usually pretty receptive to wierd odd music. i mean nothing happens there so when someone comes to town doing something different people seem to really like it. not to mention tons of people show up for the shows. so that is a good thing.
maggots maggots maggots tho is forvever a pretty good story to tell when i want a laugh out of someone.
:-D

Johnny

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
MIDWEST
Rimmer36 said:
maggots maggots maggots :lol: and you say the show went well :-D

Have to question that it turned out good myself... :huh: "maggots" is not a new hip word for "You guys ROCK" is it?

:lol:

bill

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Vancouver
Rimmer36 said:
maggots maggots maggots :lol: and you say the show went well :-D

it went fantastic man.
the best part was when one of the wrestlers came into the ring we were playing in and let me clothesline him
of course this was discussed ahead of time.
:-D :lol: :lol:

monchito

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
pythonville florida
jaetee said:
Since many of us are seemingly having revelations about how good Sanyos can sound, I have to share...

I bought my Sanyo M9990 several years ago from an S2G member and really didn't expect much for a cheap fixer-upper. Honestly, it blows me away with its sonic competence! It sounds really, really good. It has great stereo separation, more bass than you'd expect for a smallish mid-sizer, and excellent mids & highs. It doesn't try to be overly loud, instead it just delivers pleasing, exacting sound.

I'd like to hear it side by side with the slightly more powerful bigger-brother 9994 (shoulda done that at the meet).

Anyway, its sound quality vs. size ratio makes it my sleeper box of choice to mention here.

If you don't have one, get one... you won't regret it.

Here's mine put to use while visiting South Beach last March!
hey jt i have one like that buts its a rebadge take note jens it a irayo :yes: :yes: :yes: :lol: :lol:

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
for ONCE !!!
jens is way off :thumbsdown: :-D :-D

an irayo is a line of pre-production prototypes --
all with fine custom woodie battery covers-

and - its the only major significant brand not well covered in the
otherwise inclusive BBDB :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.