What Boombox Are You Cranking Up Right Now??

MasterBlaster84

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Northern California
I'd love to have one of those but with the digital tuner

Then you want the RX7200, I really like the looks of that one as well. To bad the digital tuner only goes up to 90 MHz, it was a Japanese only boombox. I'm surprised it was Japanese only since it's a gorgeous box and probably would have sold well elswhere.

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Hi everyone-I know I srarted this thread about listening to my JVC-PC55JW and now here's a couple of pics!
Sorry-I forgot to take them while it was on.
Tonight I show a killer photos with it on and all the lights.
Bobby-Here's a close up of that original sticker.
I love this thing-many,many memories associated with my personal grail.Now don't give me a hard tome about the HSM clock.
I got it for 3.00 at goodwill and it's very loud-It will wake you up!
BTW-That is not a mirage-There's a JVC-PC-55C! right underneath this one and multiple 777's behind it!! :cool:
have a super weekend-GB. :-) :-D :-P
:morepics: :rock: :-P

-

-

Patron

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Los Angeles CA.
i do have a raggedy sharp 8989 that i usually move away with my feet when i walk on the patio and my daugher plug her ipod in it and that thing still bumps !! wow hahaha, poor think it looks so discusting .

i would post a pic but i am in the wron laptop.

Boom Shaka Laka

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Detroit
Cloudy with a chance of showers outside tonight.

Inside... chillin' with music from MY TEEN YEARS on the trusty ol' Quasar GX-3661 (version of the Panasonic RX-5600... or was it the 5650???).

Anyway, it's Saturday night and IT'S MY PARTY!

petergriffin

Member (SA)
May 11, 2009
This is what I'm "cranking" in my living room. I've got the M90, 777z, PH492 and FH5 hooked up via rca's. Playing various music through my laptop. But nothing sounds better then playing old school hip-hop/freestyle. I truely believe that's what they were made for.

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
Nice wall o' blasters there Peter, Out of all of thos boxes, which one sounds the best at medium volume???

I've got one of the Panasonic RX-DT707's playing some Bob Marley right now.

Ok, truth be told, that box is in my son's nursery (he's 2.5 months old) and the Bob Marley tunes have been made into lullabye music. He's on the floor with my wife trying to have a conversation.

petergriffin

Member (SA)
May 11, 2009
Hey Jaetee,

The M90 and Sony FH5 have clear, full room filling sound at like 3-4. The DT75 booms the best bass at mid volume:-)

2steppa

Member (SA)
May 11, 2009
Sunny Eastern England
Actually, I'm listening to BBC Radio 4 on Long Wave on my Sharp 9494 ! :lol:

Just thought I'd try LW as I don't ever use it, too see the reception quality.

I love signal strength meters too, I often go through the bands comparing strengths of various stations.

Sad but true. ;-)

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
jaetee said:
Nice wall o' blasters there Peter, Out of all of thos boxes, which one sounds the best at medium volume???

I've got one of the Panasonic RX-DT707's playing some Bob Marley right now.

ME TOO !!! :afro: :-D

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
Listening to some Aswad on the 9494 now - giving the speakers a flapping session! :w00t:

Nice! I saw them live at an outdoor festival back in 1987, they performed with Jimmy Cliff, Steel Pulse and a couple of other reggae bands. The show was at an open-air ampitheatre along the Rhein river (called the Loreley) in Germany. What a great time! Went with a bunch of my Air Force buddies.