Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterBlaster84

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Northern California
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
WOW, what a day...

First and foremost...THANK YOU MELVIN MellyMelsr for hosting this at your house and being so welcoming, Food, Drinks, tables, tents... ELECTRICITY! Everything we needed to do this right!

Head Count:
Mellymelsr
Reli
Superduper
MasterBlaster84
LasonicTRC-920
Mrs Lasonic TRC-920

Box Count:
I lost count :w00t: :yes: :lol:

What a great bunch of guys....Every Grail was there on display. There were some head to head call outs, some real surprises and lots of smiles.
:agree: On all counts, the only thing that would have been better is meeting more members and seeing (hearing) more boxes. :thumbsup: Here are some of my pics of the event.

Many thanks to Melvin for hosting this great little meet. :thumbsup:

MasterBlaster84

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Northern California
Meeting everyone in person takes this to another level, it's really something to meet people you have been friends with via Boomboxery for years. :yes:

I thought I was 95% the way to a complete collection then this meet happened and now I've seen a whole list of new boxes I want. :-D
SuperDupers - RX-A5
Lasonic-920's - VZ
Reli's - Uher
Melies - FH-207

Then there's the RX-7200, S-90, and CSC-850 just to name a few. I guess there really is no end to this hobby. :nonono: :lol:

MasterBlaster84

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Northern California
Here's a short video of the box that almost stopped the meet dead in it's tracks it was so good. This Panasonic RX-A5 was so loud, clean and tight that it made other boomboxes sound like some cheap mini's. :lol:
[youtube]VrHFc2WoEMA[/youtube]

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Thanks again to Mel for hosting this, and to his family for putting up with us!
I could not believe the way the Sony FH-207's woofers moved....
I don't know if it qualifies as a true boombox, but it was easily the top box to my ears :thumbsup:
Followed by the RX-A5 and Norm's custom modded Kaboom...

bklyn sound

Member (SA)
Dec 7, 2011
AWESOME ...I BELIVE YOU GUYS HAVE EVERY GRAIL KNOW TO MAN..... :thumbsup: ITS TO BAD IRA HAD ME BUMPED OFF SOME WHERE AROUND IDAHO. :lol: :lol: :lol: WOULD HAVE LOVED TO HAVE BEEN THERE....THANKS FOR GREAT PICS :drool: :drool: :drool: :breakdance: :breakdance:

stormsven

Member (SA)
Jan 14, 2011
Sofia, Bulgaria
Wow great times. And so rare and interesting boomers.
So many rare :jawdrop: . And since nobody else was so fast to say that - DIBS on RX-A5 and the Clairtone 7979 :-D . Wish we all can make some day real intercontinental meeting. It sounds lot better than boring olympic games and world cups.
Thanks for sharing and making us to feel a tiny bit of your great time.

(next time please dont show us c100 an m90 s thats counts for all meetings :lol: )

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
baddboybill said:
Chris.......It's always so cool when your significant other is understanding of your Boombox disease. And when they even get involved with helping out its even a much greater feeling...

I use to walk on eggshell's with my ex-wife. But since Jeannie and I have been together I don't have to sneak around buying, cleaning or repairing my boxes... Heck Jeannie helps me out when I need it, and she even cooks for our Midwest mini meets... Now that's Love!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ellen is very "Tolerable" :lol: As she puts it, I could be getting is other trouble, so this is the lessor of two evils :-D
She took all the pictures that I posted :-)

MasterBlaster84 said:
Great Pic's :thumbsup: My mind is still spinning on this whole things!

My drive home ended up being 9 1/2 hours, the last 30 miles took 2 hours :bang: :thumbsdown:

But we made it back, safe and sound....all radio's accounted for!

gsbadbmr

Member (SA)
Apr 2, 2010
Boombox Museum
:w00t:

Amazing, it must have been a blast for sure. I was lucky enough to have met Chris (Lasonic TRC-920) last year at his house...super great guy and fun to hang around :thumbsup: . I'm sure everyone else at the meet were just as kewl :cool:

I think that us CANADIAN COLLECTORS should set up a CANADIAN boombox meet somewhere sometime soon :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the pics :thumbsup:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
gsbadbmr said:
:w00t:

Amazing, it must have been a blast for sure. I was lucky enough to have met Chris (Lasonic TRC-920) last year at his house...super great guy and fun to hang around :thumbsup: . I'm sure everyone else at the meet were just as kewl :cool:

I think that us CANADIAN COLLECTORS should set up a CANADIAN boombox meet somewhere sometime soon :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the pics :thumbsup:
Yeah G, that was a great time! I could only imagine how kick arse it would be to go to meet with your collection involved :-O :thumbsup:

You know, when ever you get people together with LIKE interests it's a great time. Car shows, Concerts, Boombox Meets. When people can share their passion with others, that's the best.

I really enjoyed learning about all these radio's strengths and weaknesses. Some radio's are great inside, others out side, some have super clean highs, others crushing lows!

Of course they are all personal taste and I probably walked out of these with a different list than others did of what they want next.

I'm proud that I proved two points....
1) The TRC-920 can stand up to the rest of them :thumbsup:
2) The Lasonic's don't actually melt in the sun :lol: :no:

Looking forward to doing this again :yes:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
MasterBlaster84 said:
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
I'm proud that I proved two points....

2) The Lasonic's don't actually melt in the sun :lol: :no:
:lol: :lol: That made me laugh Chris I was a little concerned for your Lasonics, glad they all survived. :thumbsup:
I'm not going to lie, I was a little stressed!

I forgot to mention something else I learned...

No matter how loud you think your radio is, Norm will have a louder one! :w00t: :lol: :yes:

also...

No matter how rare or obscure your radio is, Norm will have one you HAVE NEVER SEEN and WILL NEVER SEE :thumbsup:

That James Bond box blew my mind.When Hans and Norm showed up, we all went out to carry radio's in, I carried in what I thought was Norms tool kit / breif case. I set it off to the side under the table. He laughed, he knew he got me! :lol:

BUT, that's what it is suppose to do!

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
:-O Holy Smokes!!!! What a collection of boomers! You guys really did it right. Way to go!

Oh, but it did look like a massive sausage fest... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (but in a good way)

Superduper

Member (SA)
JVC Floyd said:
Superduper said:
:hmmm: You mean THIS thing? It's a Crown.

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

oh crap i suck , i was thinking that sanyo tv box . but yes that's the one , does it have any kind of decent sound ? that would be awesome if it did and would make it even more sweet .
Floyd, it actually sounds pretty good. It's no M90 or kaboom -- it's not even very big... everything fitting into a standard work briefcase size. But it was a Japanese executive's toy and as such, you expect that it does sound very good. No deep bass though as it has a tone control (no seperate bass/treble). Also, you can take this traveling or on vacations and walk into the glitziest ritz carlton and not get a second glance -- I know, I've done it. I believe this probably came out in early 70's for $119,000 yen. That was a ton of money back then. It's a TON of money today even WITHOUT 4 decades of inflation factored in.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Superduper said:
JVC Floyd said:
Superduper said:
:hmmm: You mean THIS thing? It's a Crown.

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

oh crap i suck , i was thinking that sanyo tv box . but yes that's the one , does it have any kind of decent sound ? that would be awesome if it did and would make it even more sweet .
Floyd, it actually sounds pretty good. It's no M90 or kaboom -- it's not even very big... everything fitting into a standard work briefcase size. But it was a Japanese executive's toy and as such, you expect that it does sound very good. No deep bass though as it has a tone control (no seperate bass/treble). Also, you can take this traveling or on vacations and walk into the glitziest ritz carlton and not get a second glance -- I know, I've done it. I believe this probably came out in early 70's for $119,000 yen. That was a ton of money back then. It's a TON of money today even WITHOUT 4 decades of inflation factored in.
119,000 yen = $1517.85
According to a website converter I found
What cost $1517.85 in 1975 would cost $6080.93 in 2010 :w00t: :-O

Putting it on eBay BIN for $6,000 sounds fair :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.