Wanted: Vela dk-990 & 7000 battery covers.

Tinman

Member (SA)
Mar 4, 2019
USA
I'm looking for battery covers for both a Vela dk-990 and a dk-7000.
I'm not being very particular so pretty much any condition or 3d printed ones that clip in and hold would do.
Thanks.

Huffers

Member (SA)
Apr 25, 2019
Billericay, Essex, UK
Hi Tinman
Did you find the battery covers you were after?
I have a 3D printer and have both those models so
I might be able to design the covers and print them.
I am pretty busy with work at the moment and my printer is out of action as my garage is a mess (waiting for some warmer weather to tidy it up).
but if you are happy waiting, I will have a look in a few weeks time and see what I can do?

Tinman

Member (SA)
Mar 4, 2019
USA
Hi Tinman
Did you find the battery covers you were after?
I have a 3D printer and have both those models so
I might be able to design the covers and print them.
I am pretty busy with work at the moment and my printer is out of action as my garage is a mess (waiting for some warmer weather to tidy it up).
but if you are happy waiting, I will have a look in a few weeks time and see what I can do?
Nope, no luck.
Let me know whenever you get the chance.
I'd definitely be interested in one of each.
Thanks.

Tinman

Member (SA)
Mar 4, 2019
USA
I've been wanting to get into 3d printing for years but never did :sadno:
Looking good so far.

Huffers

Member (SA)
Apr 25, 2019
Billericay, Essex, UK
Hi Tinman
Apologies for the delay, haven’t forgotten.
been having some issues with the 3D printer so have been spending some time rebuilding and upgrading it to get to working as well I can. (3D printing can be very frustrating at times and takes a lot of tinkering).
I think I’m now in a position to try and create some test prints of the battery covers. V1 for one of them printing now.
will be in touch when I have something that fits

Attachments

Reactions: Tinman

Huffers

Member (SA)
Apr 25, 2019
Billericay, Essex, UK
A game changer for sure! Great work!
Thanks Brutus. In theory I could create any replacement battery cover as long as I had an original to create a design from.
I could probably create one from the box itself if the original was missing but would take a bit longer plus wouldn’t necessarily match the original as closely.

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
Yes! I've modeled everything here using FreeCAD, as well as other parts
Never dove into printing side, I don't have the space (nor the money) for the units that would give me the quality I want

Huffers

Member (SA)
Apr 25, 2019
Billericay, Essex, UK
Yes! I've modeled everything here using FreeCAD, as well as other parts
Never dove into printing side, I don't have the space (nor the money) for the units that would give me the quality I want
Wow that’s a lot of content. Great stuff. I have a 2 3D printers the fdm one used for these battery covers and an 8k resin printer that can do much finer detail. Although haven’t done much, it tends to sit in the garage gathering dust. I use the free version of Fusion 360 for my designs.

Reactions: caution

Spax

Member (SA)
Oct 9, 2023
SWUK
Wow that’s a lot of content. Great stuff. I have a 2 3D printers the fdm one used for these battery covers and an 8k resin printer that can do much finer detail. Although haven’t done much, it tends to sit in the garage gathering dust. I use the free version of Fusion 360 for my designs.
Depending on the bed size of the resin printer you could replicate the top mil of the battery cover with the texture detail.
I've not tried it yet but photogrammetry is an "easy" way of scanning an object that you can then pull geometry from, it may be a way of generating the texture from the rest of the box.

Huffers

Member (SA)
Apr 25, 2019
Billericay, Essex, UK
Depending on the bed size of the resin printer you could replicate the top mil of the battery cover with the texture detail.
I've not tried it yet but photogrammetry is an "easy" way of scanning an object that you can then pull geometry from, it may be a way of generating the texture from the rest of the box.
Thanks, I might look into that