Vinyl Making a Comeback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
I just recently got back into vinyl and currently have a modest collection of my childhood favorites.
I had a real blast restoring and setting up a technics 1200 m3d turntable for enjoying that collection.
The warm sound of a vinyl is just delightful to the ears and can't be beat by any streaming music service period!!!!IMG_5192.JPGIMG_5193.JPGimage.jpg

Okelly

Member (SA)
Aug 23, 2015
And they sound amazing on a VZ2000 👍👍👍👍

Bad Boy Bill

Wanna sell it Bill?!

Kel

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
hemiguy2006 said:
I just recently got back into vinyl and currently have a modest collection of my childhood favorites.
I had a real blast restoring and setting up a technics 1200 m3d turntable for enjoying that collection.
The warm sound of a vinyl is just delightful to the ears and can't be beat by any streaming music service period!!!!

Frank that that M3D looks minty fresh and i've noticed you have all the accessories on the deck including an extra headshell. :yes:

Been wanting to get those Technics sticker for my 12s time to get off my arse and pull the trigger. Plus need to order some hinges for the dust covers which i bought new.

Frank Have you seen the new Technics.

I've posted a thread some time ago about it.

Let's go:

http://www.technics.com/us/introduction/hifi-direct-drive-turntable-system-sl-1200gae/

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Hey Juan, thanks for the compliment.
It took a lot of work to get it looking that nice!
The deck was Jaetee's formerly.
The other head shell is the original and has a shure dj needle and cartridge on it.
I decided not to use it because of the heavy tracking force required.
I have a bunch of new parts on it and it is now like new.
You can find almost everything you are looking for through
KAB electromagnetics
https://www.kabusa.com/frameset.htm?/m1200.htm
The technics label you can get on ebay for roughly 30.00 each.
I have seen the new 1200s. They are real nice but very pricey.
I wonder if they are going to go into full blown production again or if they are going to keep it a limited edition type thing.
Really nice setup skippy, love your Sansui receiver. I'll bet it sounds real nice!
How do you like the audio technica turntable btw?

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
Thanks for the link Frank much appreciated!!

Skippy that Sansui reminds me of one when i was a teenager going into a Crazy Eddie's store in N.Y.C. and firing it up. This thing rocked so hard i felt the bass pounding on my chest. One of the sales person ran to the sound room and yelled at me to lower the volume.

Someday i'll invest on a nice classic system.

boomboxbilly

Member (SA)
Jan 26, 2016
Love the pics.
VZ2000, what the hell, both sides play linear tracking. That deck passed me by. It should have been called the Sharp BSPLT. Both Sides Play Linear Tracking.
​
​It's the event that's important with vinyl. You have to actually get up off your ass and work to get the sound :)
You know, using that suede brush thing and cleaning the stylus occassionally. Warm and fuzzy.

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
I know you miss Ms. Summers!

Nice vinyl of the Disco Queen herself and she sign it to you and Tara that's awesome!

Get ready Frank I'm sending you some House mixes pretty soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.