Vintage TDKs scored from my neighbour

samovar

Member (SA)
Jun 7, 2014
Italy
Would you trade your neighbor with mine? This morning he resisted a public official who was due to carry out the eviction and barricaded himself at home... to be continued...

samovar

Member (SA)
Jun 7, 2014
Italy
The town IS peaceful... it's just that the guy is insane... and of all places he chose to live next door... the only tape that I can expect from him is police tape at best...

Reactions: Hisrudeness

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Jan 7, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Would you trade your neighbor with mine? This morning he resisted a public official who was due to carry out the eviction and barricaded himself at home... to be continued...
A steady constant playback of Mariah Carey's Christmas song, playing through your fabulous collection of boomboxes might help the authorities if you play it loud enough...however you run the risk of overexposing your ears and bailing out as well.

I could also export my Mother In Law ....anything to help the police:clap:

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
A steady constant playback of Mariah Carey's Christmas song, playing through your fabulous collection of boomboxes might help the authorities if you play it loud enough...however you run the risk of overexposing your ears and bailing out as well.

I could also export my Mother In Law ....anything to help the police:clap:
Bombard that barricaded dude with Yoko Ono's greatest hits 24 hours a day.

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
I take any free or cheap cassette tapes I can get I found a lot of eight nice Sony cassettes still wrapped in the plastic at the thrift store for a quarter each . I bought all of them.
So correct me if I’m wrong guys, the heavy weighted chassis on the TDK’s was for stability in the high end decks right?
So pretty wasted on boomboxes.
There are some high end decks in boomboxes too. I would only call it a waste if you put it in a lower quality deck for any period of time because it's just going to rag out the tape a lot of these high-end decks have more guidance on the tape which keeps everything lined up better.

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
There are some high end decks in boomboxes too. I would only call it a waste if you put it in a lower quality deck for any period of time because it's just going to rag out the tape a lot of these high-end decks have more guidance on the tape which keeps everything lined up better.
For instance the M90 and the pc55 these are worthy of the best quality cassette. Not only that they can make the cheapest quality cassette sound great.

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
If anybody has noticed on some of these older tapes even pre-recorded ones the screws come loose and the tapes get all crackly and twisty but if you tighten up these screws and tap the cassette on the table a few times not only does it tighten up the cassette case but it loosens up the insides and they play a lot better.

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
The prosonic pqr 9962 is another boombox that is a medium quality one piece everybody knows this Boombox but the thing has a fantastic sounding tape deck.