Vifa Copenhagen versus DiamondBoxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
I received a complaint from my neighbour so I reduced the volume to 75% and at that level, it could still be heard up the road and around the corner. As you got within 20 meters of the unit, the Iphone5 mic overloads. I then adjusted the bass from flat to the 3 o'clock position and you could hear the extra bass but the iPhone mic was overwhelmed.

I need to source a proper mic for these tests. Far from a proper test, I must admit.

Here is an old vid of my V2.0 build (similar size and sound - the V5.0 is much louder though).
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UZHEk2Hpq7c

Bass / Treble controls set to flat - very bassy song.

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
Fail! Recorded an outdoor distance sound test of the V5.0 on the weekend and after uploading to YouTube they've muted the sound for copyright purposes! :-(
Hahahahaha. That's awesome jimmy. diamondboxx ain't got nothing on that.

ScareDe2

Member (SA)
May 3, 2016
Javi will make a sound comparison between the DB versus 3 others great BT boomboxes, Teufel Boomster XL, Thodio and Vifa Copenhagen. Just a matter of days or weeks I guess. But the more I learn about those the less I expect them to be a great match for the DB. They are smaller and in the case of the Thodio the sound seems boomy a lot. The Vifa Copenhagen is said to be outdated compared to his new little sister the Vifa Oslo and the Teufel Boomster XL was tested against the Aiwa Exos 9, the AE9 stands its ground very easy against it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35cm7uRxU3E

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
Those models aren't directly comparable as they target a different market. The DB is more about loudness and power where as the others are more directed to HiFi tuning.

The European market is very different to the US market if the look and style of euro BT speakers is anything to go by.

Boombiking

Member (SA)
Apr 8, 2018
ScareDe2 said:
. In terms of outside performance, the Aiwa Exos 9 was previously tested to disturb a whole village and heard 600m far.
Good to hear that someone has already done the groundwork and proven that the E9 is able to disturb an entire village! ;)
My goal, however, is far more modest than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.