VIDEO: Finding Boomboxes at the flea market in Naples, Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
machinegunjoeviterbo said:
Nice video man!
Napoli is such a great place, I'm going there soon again where is the market located?
Big up!
Hi Machine Gun Joe, This place is in a very strange location. It's under an elevated freeway. In the past I have tried to locate it via Google Maps, but it always sends me to a spot ON the freeway and not under it and there are no off ramps of which to exit. But I will do my best to give you directions.

The easiest way is to get there is to go to what we call "Shoe Alley". It's an out door shoe market. If you put this address into Google Maps, you will get close: Via Marino Di Caramanico, 80143 Napoli NA

From there, head EAST on via del Marcello. The street enters a tunnel and goes under the freeway and railroad tracks. Just keep going straight. You will see parked cars on either side of the road, back into a parking spot on the curb, you may have to pay a guy for parking there.

Some times the market spills on to the street under the freeway, sometimes it is in the area I filmed. But it is every Sunday. I usually get there around 7am, but it's open earlier. Free to get in.

Hit me up if your in town, maybe we'll go together

Screenshot 2018-06-05 10.30.19.pngScreenshot 2018-06-05 10.30.31.pngScreenshot 2018-06-05 10.30.49.pngmap to flea market.png

blu_fuz said:
It almost doesn't matter what box you find, but the thrill of finding it is AWESOME! Felt like I was there with ya!
Yeah man, that feeling of finding them in the wild is exhilarating

JVC Floyd said:
The funny thing is that he swear at you when you didnt want to buy it !! :)
Way to communicate ! Priceless video and thanks for sharing.
Oh yeah, he was TOTALLY offended at my 20 euro offer, him and his buddy were straight laughing at me as he told me to get away from his booth :lol:

That box will be there next week and the week after :lol: :yes:
I don't know how I would have reacted for m*********** tell me to get away from table but it wouldn't have been pretty I promise you that. I might have bought that boxes smash it over my f****** head right in front of them.

Easy Floyd! :lol: :lol:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
machinegunjoeviterbo said:
Thanks a lot!
Will let you know when in town (mid July) :yes:
Sounds good

Below is an example of a recent box I picked up on Mothers dad. I paid 20 euro for it but it's a bit rough. The speakers need refoaming, the deck gears are shot and the decks need rebelting, but I have purchased a set of gears off a guy on ebay, so at some point, this will get the full rebuild. It has all it's parts, so I think it will be a good project.

IMG_20180608_124225.jpg

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
Thanks a lot!
Sounds good

Below is an example of a recent box I picked up on Mothers dad. I paid 20 euro for it but it's a bit rough. The speakers need refoaming, the deck gears are shot and the decks need rebelting, but I have purchased a set of gears off a guy on ebay, so at some point, this will get the full rebuild. It has all it's parts, so I think it will be a good project.

IMG_20180608_124225.jpg
I'm not sure if those are the factory speakers. normally these have blue speakers with chrome caps.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
goodman said:
This Philips is very good old boombox with many features.
Good luck with restoration.
Thanks Goodman, I'm gonna give it my best shot!

JVC Floyd said:
Thanks a lot!
Sounds good

IMG_20180608_124225.jpg
I'm not sure if those are the factory speakers. normally these have blue speakers with chrome caps.

I need to open these up and have a look. One of the speakers has been pulled back and there is a little speaker stuffed in next to it LOL. Probably just need to totally replace them

Status
Not open for further replies.