Video comparison: Panasonic RXA2 vs RXA5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Since there was a question a couple weeks ago about how these two boxes compare...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6ufHbnVKNM

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
Thanks for the informative video. Via your video, they both sound great but I tend to lean toward the old school looks of the A2 and if you say the sound is better, the A2 would be my choice. Who records tape to tape these days anyway?

By the way, are the control knobs of the A2 metal?

James.... :-)

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Most excellent video, Reli. You sound so professional. :yes:

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
Beautiful work, Reli.
Heard TSHORBA's one of these (can't remember which one now actually) and was very impressed by the volume, but they're definitely PA's more than boomboxes in my opinion, much like the DiscoRobo.

I bet you could still find these in a lot of shops that used spruikers and other venues that needed small public address systems. They're such workhorses they'd still be rockin hard I'd expect.

Rock On.

restocat

Member (SA)
Apr 25, 2010
New Mexico, USA
nice vid. I think it would be possible to retrofit some 3-piece style hooks on the sides so you could carry it around. example: jvc dc9 type handle , some screws, backing plates, etc.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Thanks for the compliments guys!

jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
By the way, are the control knobs of the A2 metal?
The knobs are metal covers glued to plastic stubs.

restocat said:
nice vid. I think it would be possible to retrofit some 3-piece style hooks on the sides so you could carry it around. example: jvc dc9 type handle , some screws, backing plates, etc.
Yeah that would be nice. You'd still be rubbing speaker wires against your leg :lol:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
As always Reli, you make some of the best video's ever!

This is the first time I have seen them side by side. I do like the looks of the 4 speakers per cabinet, but sound wise, would prefer the top unit. I got to hear Norms at the meet and it was ridiculously loud!

But like Rick said, it's a PA system. It might be time to start raiding church basements!

Status
Not open for further replies.