Very important guidance on how to pack a box for shipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

marctronixx

Member (SA)
Oct 23, 2011
Atlanta
this is excellent information. I am in the process of actually putting 2 boxes up for sale. One reason I came to this site is to get information on how to pack.

the Crate idea is great but getting the buyer to purchase is another thing... still, as the seller , i would do whatever it was in my power to get the unit shipped safely.

LLopez

Member (SA)
May 8, 2009
:-D Man that is a great example of how should boomboxes should be packed, And also the box u just packed I just got one from a member from upstate N.Y. and he packed perfectly. This same Sharp box with the T.V. :yes:
:lol: Now that movie clip of Ace Ventura got me cracking up. Thanks for posting. :lol:

alfie

Member (SA)
Mar 11, 2010
Sydney, Australia
LLopez said:
:-D Man that is a great example of how should boomboxes should be packed, And also the box u just packed I just got one from a member from upstate N.Y. and he packed perfectly. This same Sharp box with the T.V. :yes:
:lol: Now that movie clip of Ace Ventura got me cracking up. Thanks for posting. :lol:
Good to see you back and posting bro :thumbsup:

dartbarlow

Member (SA)
Apr 6, 2010
Great packing job !
the main thing is the double boxing (oh i guess that makes 3 "boxes" total)

the foam peanuts are good if used properly and are packed to the top.
i know all about packing issues for both tapes and boomboxes
and most sellers do not have a clue.

sometimes dividing the peanuts into areas so that drift cannot occur helps
and fully surrounding the first packing box with the foamies is also
important.....the heavier the item the harder it falls.

Thanks for posting, we need more examples like this one on here !

podwick

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2012
Eugene, Oregon USA
Hi guys. I'm also trying to sell my first boombox and I've found this site to be very helpful. The box im selling is a sharp gf-777. Is there anything I should keep in mind while packing this box specifically?

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
podwick said:
Hi guys. I'm also trying to sell my first boombox and I've found this site to be very helpful. The box im selling is a sharp gf-777. Is there anything I should keep in mind while packing this box specifically?
Yeah...the shipping box should have my address on it! :-P

podwick

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2012
Eugene, Oregon USA
-GZ- said:
podwick said:
Yeah...the shipping box should have my address on it! :-P
Haha I forgot to mention that it's already been sold :D

stormsven

Member (SA)
Jan 14, 2011
Sofia, Bulgaria
sote said:
My blaster got delivered by GLS today, according to their site it weighed in at 16.15kg :hmmm:

The box was over 1m by 0.5m, can't say it was badly packaged :lol:

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]
Damn the funny thing - i got the same crown a few days ago in the damn same packing, actually it looks like got picture of my parcel :lol: . Not sure if Max repacked it ( i was using Max's address) but got it in the same way. the seller in Germany was having a second crown - so i think we bought from the same seller , same box, packed the same way :thumbsup:

sote

Member (SA)
Aug 20, 2012
Over Yonder in Europe
stormsven said:
sote said:
My blaster got delivered by GLS today, according to their site it weighed in at 16.15kg :hmmm:

The box was over 1m by 0.5m, can't say it was badly packaged :lol:

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]
Damn the funny thing - i got the same crown a few days ago in the damn same packing, actually it looks like got picture of my parcel :lol: . Not sure if Max repacked it ( i was using Max's address) but got it in the same way. the seller in Germany was having a second crown - so i think we bought from the same seller , same box, packed the same way :thumbsup:
Haha thats funny, did you get it from nur-defekt, from the German eBay?

Is yours in good condition, aswell ?

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
I got a box from a member here, and it took me 5 seconds to unwrap it! and that is including cutting the top flaps of the cardboard box..
The bubble wrap pulled off the sides of the boombox like pulling socks off your feet.. When I grabbed the package from the mailman, the cardboard was so flimsy I thought the unit was going to fall out the bottom of the box! Poor packing job.
Even with some peanuts in there, the unit was sloshing back and forth in this "paper grocery bag" of a box..
Luckily the unit arrived intact, with no damage.. But, the seller said they only use the best packing materials (why shipping cost was so much), yeah right.. :thumbsdown:
C'mon guys, I hold members here to a higher standard I guess.... :blush:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
I got a box from a member here, and it took me 5 seconds to unwrap it! and that is including cutting the top flaps of the cardboard box..
The bubble wrap pulled off the sides of the boombox like pulling socks off your feet.. When I grabbed the package from the mailman, the cardboard was so flimsy I thought the unit was going to fall out the bottom of the box! Poor packing job.
Even with some peanuts in there, the unit was sloshing back and forth in this "paper grocery bag" of a box..
Luckily the unit arrived intact, with no damage.. But, the seller said they only use the best packing materials (why shipping cost was so much), yeah right.. :thumbsdown:
C'mon guys, I hold members here to a higher standard I guess.... :blush:

I guess it's hush hush on who member was :hmmm:

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
Just a friendly reminder that these units are fragile, and great care should be taken to assure their safety...
Especially coming from fellow collectors, package it how you would like to receive it! ;-)
(some of these radios are not easily replaceable)

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Super work!
I really like the way packing it was demonstrated.
I always did the bubble wrap unpacking on a bed or carpet
Unpacking is also an art! I had boomboxes arriving in excellent packing but unpacking took more than 20 minutes because bubble wraps were also taped at so many places besides taping the first plastic cover layer. It needed the skill of a heart surgeon to remove rolls of adhesive tape wound over and over. Using a blade can become very disastrous because it can cut through and make ugly scratches on the unit.

Cpl-Chronic

Member (SA)
May 14, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, CANADA
1 thing to add to the discussion. I do this all the time & it works if you go through the post office to ship. Remember to print out a sign in bold letters as such:

!!FRAGILE!!
!!THIS SIDE UP!!
!!DO NOT STACK OR DROP!!
!!REFUSE DELIVERY IF DAMAGED!!

Tape that to the upside of your parcel & that is your way to a full refund if that unit is damaged on arrival, providing you pack it well. This is especially important for the so-called 'too heavy' GRAILS you hear about. Insure it up the wazoo so you can get your cheque if anything is damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.