as they do the several hundred miles

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
redbenjoe said:
anytime for me :yes:

and,, it might be best to learn when fredie and bobby can make it -
as they do the several hundred miles
I agree , I think we could make this happen.

Lets wait to hear from them.
I thought Bobby was not coming to Florida this year though??

ahardb0dy

Member (SA)
Bobby was supposed to come down as he said he was coming down the week of the meet anyway, that's why he wanted to have it on the day we were going to have the meet, but than he said he wouldn't be able to afford to come down in separate cars as his daughter was at camp or something that week and him and his wife would have had to come down at different times.

Are you looking to have a meet down by you now? If so I can't make it so if you do take lots of pictures, Also as I said if we are not having it here let me know so I can cancel the reserve on the club house and get my deposit back, thanks

Southside

Oct 27, 2009
Berywn, IL
A long overdue hello to everyone from Chicago!!!! |-) |-)

I was occasionally following the Sunshine Meet 2011 dates, and when I saw June 24-25, I knew I could not make it. It was great to meet everyone last year, and I will love to make a future meet. ( no Hello Kitty boombox repeat, I promise - that was given to a grand niece, who likes it better than her SpongeBob boombox - alright!!)

:-/ :-/ Now I see no meet this year..that is too bad :sad: :sad:

Thanks to your inputs, I finally got my Conion back, bought a Telefunken and WX-1 Bombeat. I tried to take as many notes as possible from this guru of a group. My nephew Erik said it was fun last year hanging with boombox geeks for a day ( a compliment)

If you ever have a meetup closer to Chicago, it would be easier to drive down...whatever.

All the best...because I don't come here often does not mean i don't hold you guys in high esteem!!

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
Its good to hear from you Southside!

Its been awhile my friend I see you bought some heavy hitters very nice. :yes:

Maybe next year we'll have a Sunshine meet hopefully.

Take care of yourself.

Peace,
Juan.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Southside said:
A long overdue hello to everyone from Chicago!!!! |-) |-)
Ed!! It's great to see that you're still boomin'. :yes:

Southside

Oct 27, 2009
Berywn, IL
Hello Bobby, Juan and Ira! :-D :-D
Glad to see you are still hanging with the boom. It seems the prices have jumped for top boxes more than ever...one friend theorizes the younger kids are catching on to their great sound to play their Ipods.

Nice Facebook name, Bobby

I'm stll in my second bachelorhood and thankfully working, so picking up an occasional box is always tempting, and who needs a dining room set ( 92.7% of ladies near my age already own one) :lol: :lol:

Rock on!
Ed

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
sunshine_ax said:
If this ever happens again, I'd love to hear about it.
Man, the way it has been going since the last meet it just looks like it will never happen!! :sad:

I still have all my VIP badges....... three to be exact!!

sunshine_ax

Member (SA)
ford93 said:
If this ever happens again, I'd love to hear about it.
Man, the way it has been going since the last meet it just looks like it will never happen!! :sad:

I still have all my VIP badges....... three to be exact!!
That's a shame. I'm a member of the International Scout enthusiast group called the BinderBulletin and their meets fizzled out. I'm going to have my own Scout II/Boombox/sword collector/off-grid event here ;) It'll just be me for a few years until it catches on :D