Tuner dial gets blocked halfway across

68skyblue

Jan 18, 2022
Iowa
Hi all. My tuner dial only ranges from 88 to 95 (FM) and can't go up any higher. I can hear a rubber band ping sound as I try to go further. I opened it up and blew out a bug in the area where the tight cord runs through, but it still gets blocked. Will it help if I remove the circuit board to see what's going on? I see four screws and it looks like I need to pull off my band selector knob. The tight cord seems OK - it moves the wheel that's behind the circuit board, but only to a certain point. Must be something behind this board that's stopping the wheel (pardon my lack of knowledge on terminology). See photo.

Second question. The volume slide is noisy/staticky. I have some Deoxit D5. Spray it in wherever I can find a crack or hole where the volume slider goes in? See photo.

Attachments

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
on the volume slider you can simply spray it into the top on the outside of the box just use the tube to get into the opening that you see when you use the volume .

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Sounds like the dial on the tuner board is out of whack with the tuner display dial. Might have to take out the tuner board, adjust the dial and put it back. They have locator slots so they could be out of sync by half a turn, or a full turn maybe

Reactions: floyd