TRC920 Start Up Popping

Status
Not open for further replies.

rokbox2112

Member (SA)
Dec 11, 2012
Orange,California
Almost 2 yrs ago I got a 920 at a fleamarket and Las 920 tried to help me get that suka BANGGIN! All along was the small pcb with the cap and ac/dc swith busted off. it was cracked. I took a risk and found a 931 power pcb and swapped it. it runs great after all this time going on 7 months since then. And i have a very quiet thump not a loud SNAP! :thumbsup: STOKED!!!
hEY lasonic 920! Been ILL a while But back and hope to catch up soon...

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
rokbox2112 said:
Almost 2 yrs ago I got a 920 at a fleamarket and Las 920 tried to help me get that suka BANGGIN! All along was the small pcb with the cap and ac/dc swith busted off. it was cracked. I took a risk and found a 931 power pcb and swapped it. it runs great after all this time going on 7 months since then. And i have a very quiet thump not a loud SNAP! :thumbsup: STOKED!!!
hEY lasonic 920! Been ILL a while But back and hope to catch up soon...
thank you for that info now i can fix the same problem with mine.

Cpl-Chronic

Member (SA)
May 14, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, CANADA
Superduper said:
"Ok. I avoided this thread because lately, I'm not really "feeling" it. But also because there is no real solution to a POOR or BAD design.

Cheap boomboxes will do that. Especially higher-power cheap ones. Ever turn on a pocket radio -- you know, the ones with 1-1/2" speakers? Does that pop every time you turn it on. But since the volume is so low, it's not really offensive. But with a boombox that outputs wpc instead of milliwatts and 6 or 8" woofers -- that pop is much more noticeable.

Anyhow, high quality boomboxes include timing delay and soft start circuitry to prevent or minimize the pops......"
My CROWN SZ-5100 did the same thing & it's just a LASONIC knock-off. I bet that is a common tell-tale sign of LASONIC's quality engineering. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: That sweet pop to let you know the amps didn't die yet. :rock: :rock: :rock:

Status
Not open for further replies.