Trashed 777 reborn :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Hisrudeness said:
Paint turned out well. Was there any flake in the paint match or was it pretty flat? I'm wondering whether to mask and reprint a 9292 I just got.
There's a little sparkle in it, nigh on impossible to get the right shade in a completely flat version. I like a little bit of sparkle just to freshen it up a bit but given the choice I'd probably go completely original. I think the colour itself is pretty spot on

Cpl-Chronic said:
Good job, now put some LEDs in there & make it dance, beeeeoooy!!!

Cpl
To be honest when I saw the original pics that was my intention...I thought as it was never gonna be right I might as well have some fun with it. But it's turned out so well I'm not gonna mess with it. If I did I'd only put some in the vents by the tweeters as you could do it without adapting the casing :-)

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
caution said:
Nice resto! Resurfacing/repainting the outside makes all the difference.
Lots of work but worth it :-)

baddboybill said:
Awesome job!!! The rest of the parts are gonna be easy to get and she'll look like new. Very cool 😎
Thanks Bill :-)

im_alan_partridge said:
Great re-birth of a very tired 777. Did those 9191 and 575 woofs drop straight in?
Thanks mate. Yeh they were a perfect fit :-)

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
WOW MAN! That radio was really at the end! Parts box at best. The body work came out amazing.

These 777's look so cool. I need to do the same thing to mine, full rebuild and respray.

Another one saved! :clap:

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
WOW MAN! That radio was really at the end! Parts box at best. The body work came out amazing.

These 777's look so cool. I need to do the same thing to mine, full rebuild and respray.

Another one saved! :clap:
Yeh I bought it as a scrap non-working shell so mega pleased that it was salveagable and actually turned out pretty well! :-)

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Tuner window is in :-)
IMG_3184.JPG
IMG_3183.JPG
Not happy with the deck doors tho...they were in a really bad way. Polished the heck out of them but there are lots of marks where the paint melted the surface, and they're pretty cloud. So I'm gonna pimp them until I can find a new pair :-)

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
The small details really pull it back together. Nice job rescuing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.