...tracking the elusive MIDLAND 19-120.

Atari_Ace

Jan 17, 2023
Kokomo, IN
There's a YT video demonstrating one, and it's the only one I've seen in the wild since my youth. I believe mine was purchased c.1981 from a Western Auto franchise in Winchester, IN. It was very loud and took quite a beating, sitting beside the court and being knocked over by a stray basketball more than once. I think it took 8 D-cells. Can anyone help reunite me with my old companion?Screen Shot 2023-01-17 at 10.30.06 AM.png

samovar

Member (SA)
Jun 7, 2014
Italy
The unit you are after is also known as Masako 4120 (and I have seen a Samsung version, but cannot remember the model number). There's one for sale on ebay at the moment. The price is absolutely insane, but the seller accepts offers:

Atari_Ace

Jan 17, 2023
Kokomo, IN
The unit you are after is also known as Masako 4120 (and I have seen a Samsung version, but cannot remember the model number). There's one for sale on ebay at the moment. The price is absolutely insane, but the seller accepts offers:

...and it doesn't even work. o_O...maybe the seller thinks it's made from solid platinum? If there was a Samsung version, then I'd guess they made them for all the other brand names.

Atari_Ace

Jan 17, 2023
Kokomo, IN
It's also same as the Prosonic PQR-9250
Wow!...You're both right...It looks like the little rectangular inset above the tape door was for any old company to put their brand name sticker into. Thanks to both of you. I'm adding these brand names/model numbers to my eBay/Google searches.

As the title says and branding in the picture; it is a Midland model 19-120. I had one as well. Like '84-'85 it rocked! Y&T "Lipstick and Leather," "Summertime Girls..." MTV's Headbanger's Ball every Saturday at midnight...smh. That thing took EIGHT D batteries!! You know how much a pack cost of those babies back then? Like 4.49/4.79 and they only came in packs of TWO. You realize how incredibly hard it was to aquire eight flippin D cell batteries was for a pre-teen/early teen?? I honestly think I only had two full sets in the time I had her. Huge boombox. Blasted! Sounded bad@ss too! Made by Midland who was well known and regarded for their CB radios. Man, this takes me back..I'd love to have one again...miss that 'ol girl. Keep on rockin in the free world. That, like the song's meaning was tounge in cheek. Your inalianble rights cannot be signed away, bought, sold, forfeited, taken, bartered. People gave their lives for the preservence of these rights. Government of the People, for the People, by the People. The People keep watch on the government not the other way around. Represenative who's reallt only charge is to preserve these, OUR rights! We not only have the right but we also have the duty to alter or abolish any government that does not secure our unalienable rights, including life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.