Status
Not open for further replies.

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
skippy1969 said:
docs said:
Yeh it plays the tape no problem but all I am hearing is static noise, just like a radio band that is not tuned in, can't hear any music from the tape.
Maybe it is playing music on cassette,but you have one of the switches in the wrong position. :angelic: :hmmm:
After all the labeling is in Asian... :yes: ;-)

[ Image ]
[ Image ]
Thanks for the pics, I have a feeling it is something to do with the adres switch, when i switch it between the three I still get static noise but it does change between settings.

BMoney

Member (SA)
Aug 1, 2009
Northern Cali / Bay Area
skippy1969 said:
docs said:
Yeh it plays the tape no problem but all I am hearing is static noise, just like a radio band that is not tuned in, can't hear any music from the tape.
Maybe it is playing music on cassette,but you have one of the switches in the wrong position. :angelic: :hmmm:

[ Image ]
[ Image ]
Wow where'd you find those pics Skippy? :w00t: I posted those years ago on the other site. Couldn't find them on my computer. :lol: There is a 3rd pic of the left ADRES side with the power/standby switch. :hmmm: You have that one too?

skippy1969

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Baraboo Wisconsin
BMoney said:
skippy1969 said:
docs said:

[ Image ]
[ Image ]
Wow where'd you find those pics Skippy? :w00t: I posted those years ago on the other site. Couldn't find them on my computer. :lol: There is a 3rd pic of the left ADRES side with the power/standby switch. :hmmm: You have that one too?
I don't remember where I found the pictures Bmoney,I've had them for quite a while now.
Sorry I don't have one of the Adres side though......... :sad: ;-)

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
With a lack of a schemtic I have gone ahead and ordered 2xTA7137P in a hope that those will fix the issue.
These IC's are PRE-AMPLIFIER(RECORDING OR PLAYING-BACK WITH ALC TRANSISTOR FOR TAPE RECORDER).
Fingers crossed.

alfie

Member (SA)
Mar 11, 2010
Sydney, Australia
docs said:
With a lack of a schemtic I have gone ahead and ordered 2xTA7137P in a hope that those will fix the issue.
These IC's are PRE-AMPLIFIER(RECORDING OR PLAYING-BACK WITH ALC TRANSISTOR FOR TAPE RECORDER).
Fingers crossed.
Best of luck Dave. She really deserves to be brought back to life. She's a beauty of a boomer

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
Thanks alfie, it's in above average condition but not perfect. It seems that a lot of Japanese boxes have pitting on some of the chorme and on the buttons and knobs, a common factor I guess of those boxes and how they use(abuse) them.
However it sounds absolutely sweet.

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
I replaced two of the PRE-AMPLIFIER IC's today with no luck. Same result.
This one will be saved for another rainy day. :annoyed:

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
Does anyone even know if an english schematic exists for this box ?
I'm not gonna be able to fix this without it :sad: :no:

Status
Not open for further replies.