Toshiba RT-6016

ironsniper1

Apr 2, 2021
Nashville Tn
hey everyone hope you're well, i recently got an old boombox off of ebay that is in need of some repair, basically the tape deck does not work and there is issues with the volume knob

first lets start with the tape deck, i took it apart and found that the belt had broken and turned to goo a long time ago and will need to be replaced, no biggie thats easy,

however there is also a gear that i believe needs to be replaced however i do not know what to look for in terms of a replacement, in the picture below the gear that is circled can come off and it had a spring on top of it with a little round piece (which are in the second photo),

i have removed those and put them in a zip lock bag for safe keeping, however the gear under that one i believe is supposed to have a couple of tabs on it that the little round piece will i guess clip onto and hold down the gear above it and the spring, does anyone know where i might get one of these gears?

now the volume knob, both speakers seem to work but i have to wiggle the volume knob to get the right speaker working, is the potentiometer for the volume bad or just dirty? should i try and find a replacement or try something like deoxit?

any help or advice would be awesome!

ironsniper1

Apr 2, 2021
Nashville Tn
okay so i took it apart again and the gear in the bigger red circle is the messed up gear and the area around the smaller circle is supposed to have some sort of ridge where in the second picture above with the spring, the little plastic piece is supposed to lock onto the smaller part of the gear in this picture but its broken, is there any place to get a new one or maybe some place with a 3d printable file?