To VZ or not to VZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey you guuuuyyssss!!!!

I think my time has come... Finally, I found a VZ-2000H!!! I REALLY want this, and I'd like your input. I've ALWAYS liked the
Red Cone Woofer model more than the VZ-2500. This is an "as is" purchase. I'll try and find out if the deck and LP mechanism works. Costs $200 and I still need to have it fully checked by a technician and or repaired (?) I'm also gonna need some of Rick's famous DeYellowingOxyBright thingy for the back!

Here are some pics, lemme know what you think.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
There is enough knowledge here regarding VZs that you can work through almost any problem that you might encounter. :yes: Be sure and check for a stylus though.

Ok, thanks Bobby! I'm sure of that... Just wanted to know aprox. how much I can expect to spend (apart from the $200) and the technician...

Do you know where can I buy new styli for it? Sliders?
Anybody have a link so I can get a price estimate? Rick?

Fatdog said:
There is enough knowledge here regarding VZs that you can work through almost any problem that you might encounter. :yes: Be sure and check for a stylus though.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Mine was in far worse shape than this one, all the sides can be painted, the top controls can be bought from Bredgeo, the clear plexi can be polished.

I say BUY, BUY, BUY!

The only thing these don't come with is the back brace for when you pick them up :lol:

Ok bro!!! Thanks for the enthusiasm!!!

Hahhaahahaahahahaahhaha Chris bro!!! That back brace part is hilarious!!! I've never seen one in person, let alone picked one up. So how much does this VZ weigh? Anyone? Without the D's of course... LOL!

Lasonic TRC-920 said:
Mine was in far worse shape than this one, all the sides can be painted, the top controls can be bought from Bredgeo, the clear plexi can be polished.

I say BUY, BUY, BUY!

The only thing these don't come with is the back brace for when you pick them up :lol:

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
It weighs a freakin ton!...by far the heaviest I have...mine never moves very far lol

Go for it...with the guide and care I managed to service and rebelt mine without too much difficulty.

I just love sticking a record on and setting it on both sides play...paid very little for mine but it was absolutely disgusting, a real health hazard...all clean and shiny now tho.

Buy it...they rock :-)

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Northerner said:
Go for it...with the guide and care I managed to service and rebelt mine without too much difficulty.
:agree: With the online manual available here on Boomboxery it's a breeze to take this radio apart and put it back together.

I think these weighs 38 lbs (17.2 kg) without batteries. It's a BEAST!

Like Northerner said, it doesn't move much :lol:

BUT, to all those who huff these down the street...You Da Man! :thumbsup:

Northerner said:
It weighs a freakin ton!...by far the heaviest I have...mine never moves very far lol

I just love sticking a record on and setting it on both sides play...paid very little for mine but it was absolutely disgusting, a real health hazard...all clean and shiny now tho.

Buy it...they rock :-)
Lovin' the feedback bros... Hahahahah "health hazard"... funny!!!

Thanks for the tips!!!!

Lasonic TRC-920 said:
:agree: With the online manual available here on Boomboxery it's a breeze to take this radio apart and put it back together.

I think these weighs 38 lbs (17.2 kg) without batteries. It's a BEAST!

Like Northerner said, it doesn't move much :lol:

BUT, to all those who huff these down the street...You Da Man! :thumbsup:
Holy CRAPPOLA!!! 17.2 KILOGRAMS?????? I need a work out... that thing IS a BEAST!!!!

I've read on some thread that as soon as you pick this sucka up, the LP function stops? Does it have like a switch on the bottom of it? Maybe to work out, I should put a piece of scotch tape there to jam it on the shoulder while listening to Olivia Newton John's "Let's Get Physical, Physical... I wanna get.. physicaaaaal" Haahhaahhhahaahahahahaha

Alberto

Member (SA)
Jan 3, 2013
Wallingford,Ct. USA
There is a Breakdown Manual here for download . I purchased original Stylus from TurntableNeedles.com. When I get home from work I will post that information. Now Buy The Thing! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Strānj-Bōōmbŏks said:
Holy CRAPPOLA!!! 17.2 KILOGRAMS?????? I need a work out... that thing IS a BEAST!!!!

I've read on some thread that as soon as you pick this sucka up, the LP function stops? Does it have like a switch on the bottom of it? Maybe to work out, I should put a piece of scotch tape there to jam it on the shoulder while listening to Olivia Newton John's "Let's Get Physical, Physical... I wanna get.. physicaaaaal" Haahhaahhhahaahahahahaha
Correct, there is a switch the pulls the needle off the record. The funny thing is, I thought the same thing..."How cool would it be to strut down the street with a record playing" till you realize the needle would scratch right across the album SCRAAATCH....That's not going to make you look cool :nonono: :lol: Neither is pulling all the muscles in your back trying to put that pig on your shoulder! :lol: :no:

Aside from all that, these radio's sound fantastic. One of Sharps best! :thumbsup:

Alberto said:
There is a Breakdown Manual here for download . I purchased original Stylus from TurntableNeedles.com. When I get home from work I will post that information. Now Buy The Thing! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Awesome!!! Need the needles link! Thanks a bunch bro!!! The VZ is in Europe. But since I'm going to Poland next month I'm planning to bring me some boxeS!!! Will make a new thread with the ones I already bought!!! I'm so psyched...

Status
Not open for further replies.