The New Boom Room in Italy in 4K

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Jeez what an epic vid, this is a dream boom room i think. You have everything there, a kick ass indian, epic boombox collection and a beautiful man cave to display them in. Thats gotta take the sting out of the move having a room like that to chill in eh?

Epic video Chris thanks for sharing.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Wow that's fukin sweet!.
I always wanted to park my motorcycles in the house too lol.actually mine is in the house now that I think about it.
No way to address the full awesomeness of your place, just pure bad ass.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Northerner said:
Holy crap on a cracker...glad I came back and tried the video again! What an awesome set up! Lots of space full to the brim with the best boxes, awesome wheels, and an Atari too. I'd love to hang out there! Congrats on getting the new place looking frickin amazing!!!
Drive that rig of yours down and park it in the driveway, we got room!

Thanks for the kind words bro, did you see the NEON? :w00t: :-D

redbenjoe said:
yessssssssssssssssssssssssss
thats the greatest bbox video of alltime -
and what a thrilling 100 mph indian ride == freekin awesome

what brand is the cool blue bike at about 6 minutes ?

and have you met any new local bbox fans ?
Thanks Ira, I'll have to go back and look at that video to see which bike you are talking about....my youtube channel has turned into a dedicated riding channel for right now. In the future I will be posting all boombox related videos on the Boombox Magazine YT channel. The only local collector I know is Sal and I'm hoping to meet him at the UK meet or we will get together locally here or in Sicily or BOTH!

ralrein1 said:
Yep its pretty darn cool!!! I didn't see nearly enough Panasonics though. However I gotta say "right on" to those kick ass Lasonics!! Rad job so far Chris,you do good work!☺☺☺
MAN YOU ARE SO RIGHT! I am majorly lagging in the Panasonic Department (and the Sony, Sanyo, Sharp, Conion and JVC department! :-D )

But I have plans to remedy that! AND YES, I have been going NUTZ in the Lasonic Department LOL

Thanks bro

T-STER said:
Jeez what an epic vid, this is a dream boom room i think. You have everything there, a kick ass indian, epic boombox collection and a beautiful man cave to display them in. Thats gotta take the sting out of the move having a room like that to chill in eh?

Epic video Chris thanks for sharing.
Thanks T, if I never left this room again, I would be fine (as long as the beer never runs out). The only thing I'm missin' are my blaster buddies! I do miss the guys of the west coast crew. My last boom room was only 14 feet by 14 feet and I know that's still more than a lot of guys have and I was super stoked to have it, and even though the room was small, I still crushed all the west coast dudes in and all the radios! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hisrudeness said:
Great video Chris,
I'm thinking you should bring that big ol Clairtone next month. Might be the star of the meet.
HA HA, I don;t think it will fit in my flight approved Penguin case, I think only mid sized (TRC-920) and smaller will fit.

JVC Floyd said:
Wow that's fukin sweet!.
I always wanted to park my motorcycles in the house too lol.actually mine is in the house now that I think about it.
No way to address the full awesomeness of your place, just pure bad ass.
Thank you Floyd, means allot. I used to walk my dirt bike through the house so I could get it from the back yard onto the front porch to store it for winter.

But this set up is better, I can sit on my bike and watch TV. Hell, I'm typing this and touching the mirror right now! LOL

MART

Member (SA)
Nov 29, 2016
Wakefield, West York's
AWESOME COLLECTION CHRIS!

Thank you for creating and sharing this amazing video
The Pioneer separates system in the glass fronted cabinet to the left hand side of the TV brings back a lot of memories as i bought my wife a similar system for her 21st birthday back in 1982.Yours seems to have more digital components so i'me guessing it not quite as old.

All the best

Martin

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
MART said:
AWESOME COLLECTION CHRIS!

Thank you for creating and sharing this amazing video
The Pioneer separates system in the glass fronted cabinet to the left hand side of the TV brings back a lot of memories as i bought my wife a similar system for her 21st birthday back in 1982.Yours seems to have more digital components so i'me guessing it not quite as old.

All the best

Martin
Hi Martin, thanks man. Yeah, this stuff just keeps the "Glory Days" going I guess. :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm still not bored with playing with them. More to come!

1986GLH

Member (SA)
May 2, 2016
WI
Now that is one awesome boom room!!!!!!! I love how you incorporated the Electronic QB in with the smaller blasters. I spent countless hours of my childhood mastering that game!

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
Very kool! I'm diggin that coffee table that the Atari is sitting on..:yes:
Also got a kick out of seeing the VZ-2000 amongst the smaller boxes..
Mini, little, little, GARGANTUAN BLASTER! :lol:

im_alan_partridge

Member (SA)
Jul 21, 2010
London, England.
That room is massive, is it the entire ground floor of the property. I didn't realise you took so many boxes with you to Italy, for some reason I thought you only had like maybe 10 max :lol:
Anyway, very enjoyable vid, a great collection of retroness :yes:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
1986GLH said:
Now that is one awesome boom room!!!!!!! I love how you incorporated the Electronic QB in with the smaller blasters. I spent countless hours of my childhood mastering that game!
Yeah, got to have the proper games to go with the radios!

JustCruisin said:
Very kool! I'm diggin that coffee table that the Atari is sitting on.. :yes:
Also got a kick out of seeing the VZ-2000 amongst the smaller boxes..
Mini, little, little, GARGANTUAN BLASTER! :lol:
ha ha, yeah, the VZ looks even BIGGER among the mini's!

im_alan_partridge said:
That room is massive, is it the entire ground floor of the property. I didn't realise you took so many boxes with you to Italy, for some reason I thought you only had like maybe 10 max :lol:
Anyway, very enjoyable vid, a great collection of retroness :yes:
The down stairs of this house is an apartment, or maybe like a "Mother-in-law" room. It has a full kitchen, bathroom with shower and laundry room. There is also a laundry room on the main floor. I'm totally self contained down here! :thumbsup:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
The first "Official Party" in the boom room took place last night. My wife and I invited over some other American's that we met when we first moved here. They checked in and were in the orientation meetings with us. It was a husband and wife and two other ladies who's husbands haven't arrived yet, so a total of 6 of us.

I have my radio station transmitter set up so the whole house is getting my play list and I have the Sharp GF-9191 on the main floor providing a nice level of background music.

We gave them a tour of the house and of course finished with the "Boom Room". When they all came down stairs one girls yells out "Oh my god you have a disco with a dance floor!".

:-D YES, YES WE DO! :thumbsup:

I had my Marantz home stereo playing my radio station and had a few radio's with batteries going, the JVC 3090, J1 and the C100.

So, after we ate and after we sat on the porch and enjoyed the afternoon breeze, (with the Panasonic FM45 playing my radio station) we made our way down to the bar. By this time the ladies were into a few bottles of wine and the other fellow and I had had some beers. The music was still at a normal level while we played some Space Invaders and Combat on the Atari....and then it happened! :-O

One girl screamed out "THIS IS MY SONG"

Straight out to the dance floor they all went!

My home computers are all linked using team viewer, so I was able to access the computer controlling the radio station up on the top floor, which in turn gives me access to the MASTER VOLUME. With one click of the mouse, all the radio's increased in volume and we never looked back!

As the band 38 Special once said "We were Rockin' into the Night!"

....and now I am horribly hung over :sick: BUT, it was worth it!

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
Dear me, that's an amazing story - my, how I laughed! :yes: :lol: Thanks to your excellent video I could picture the whole thing, your hangover has been well earned and (I feel) a sign of things to come in your new Boom House. :yes: :-D :rock:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
MyOhMy said:
Dear me, that's an amazing story - my, how I laughed! :yes: :lol: Thanks to your excellent video I could picture the whole thing, your hangover has been well earned and (I feel) a sign of things to come in your new Boom House. :yes: :-D :rock:
Thanks M.O.M., I'm still totally wrecked. I drank a bloody mary and a beer, trying the ol' "Hair of the dog that bit ya", but I still feel like utter hell.

So, I have already made some purchases via eBay. First, more shelving to get everything un-stacked and second, DISCO LIGHTING!!!!!

Music is only part of the equation! MORE TO COME! :-D

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
Thanks M.O.M., I'm still totally wrecked. I drank a bloody mary and a beer, trying the ol' "Hair of the dog that bit ya", but I still feel like utter hell.

So, I have already made some purchases via eBay. First, more shelving to get everything un-stacked and second, DISCO LIGHTING!!!!!

I feel you brother , that ol whiskey put the boots to my ass last night.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
MyOhMy said:
The way things are heading I'd suggest some safety barriers for your collection as well!
:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :hmmm:

ralrein1 said:
Ha,ha,ha..........radd story Chris!! Glad to hear your representing the boombox lifestyle in the eastern hemisphere. Only one cure for a hangover,and that's time. Feel better soon dude. Take care.☺☺☺
I'm back on my feet today! Might even have a beer later :lol: Thanks bro

JVC Floyd said:

I feel you brother , that ol whiskey put the boots to my ass last night.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The only thing that can take out JVC Floyd!

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
JVC Floyd said:
Yeah that whiskey hits harder than Apollo creed, my head was spinning so bad I was about to yell for Adrian.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, I broke every rule of drinking there is. I started on Beer, then had a glass of wine, then back to beer, then some shots of whiskey with beer, then a shot of Tequila and more beer :bang: :drunk: