The Most Offensive Thread Of All Time ! ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.

k2j

Member (SA)
Mar 28, 2011
West Coast
Sweeeet thread.

Can only pick 1 huh....hmmmmmm

MAGNAVOX. them big damn yellow strapped weak boxes and the D8443 with that ugly ass middle speaker. Blahhhh.

LOL.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Matrixambience said:
sharp. especially the GF-777. Whoever designed that thing should be whipped with a wire wisk.
LMAO.......I was going to say that, but I chickened out :lol:

It would look a lot better if these 3 things were done:

1) Make the center subwoofers bigger ---- They look smaller than the outer speakers for some reason. :huh:
2) Make the speakers black, not grocery-bag color :thumbsdown:
2) Make the grill one-piece, instead of two-piece. That way it would eliminate that gap in the middle :thumbsdown:

stormsven

Member (SA)
Jan 14, 2011
Sofia, Bulgaria
Reli said:
Matrixambience said:
sharp. especially the GF-777. Whoever designed that thing should be whipped with a wire wisk.
LMAO.......I was going to say that, but I chickened out :lol:

It would look a lot better if these 2 things were done:

1) Make the center subwoofers bigger ---- They look smaller than the outer speakers for some reason. :huh:
2) Make the grill one-piece, instead of two-piece. That way it would eliminate that gap in the middle :thumbsdown:
3) Make two rows of long LED VU's

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
k2j said:
Sweeeet thread.

Can only pick 1 huh....hmmmmmm

MAGNAVOX. them big damn yellow strapped weak boxes and the D8443 with that ugly ass middle speaker. Blahhhh.

LOL.

I think you can have more than one....and I agree with that yellow Maggie...and even though I know the D8443 is rubbish, I still want one for the shelf ;-)

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Basically, anything from Emerson just makes me want to regurgitate. The only reason I bought an Emerson TV box is because my mom used to have one and the seller still had the original box and paperwork.

Stuntman Mike

Member (SA)
Sep 24, 2010
Germany
Aiwa, at least the TPR-950. Not for the Design, but when you want to disassemble it to repair something, you curse the day you bought it. Nearly every damn wire is soldered. :annoyed:

And then the usual: Big black empty Boxes, discolites, the flashy late 80ies Boxes, and Morepiecers. I´m also not a Fan of Minis.

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
Hmmm been thinking about this, and there's no brand in it's entirety that I arbitrarily hate.
There are some brands where theres definitely only a few of their boxes I love and the majority I've no interest in which would be Sony, Philips, Panasonic. Theres less than 5 of each of those brands that I want/have/love with the vast majority of their boomboxes holding little to no interest for me.

I used to hate Panasonic, then I fell in love with their woodgrain radios and I deeply lust for a 5030
I used to think Sony were rubbish, but the CFS-99 is one of my favourite ever looking radios and the FH series is peerless in the threepiece style.

It's a funny old game this boombox collectiing.

Rock On.

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
i cherish the great designs of sooooooooooooooo
many sanyo minis and middies and big stuff--- :drool:

but --before learning about how great their boxes were -
i thought the sanyo brand was the pits-
all their other electronics were in a much lesser league than
sony or panasonic, etc

sort of crappy looking :dunce: :thumbsdown:

but --somehow
they sure got their act together -
to compete in the box world

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
redbenjoe said:
i cherish the great designs of sooooooooooooooo
many sanyo minis and middies and big stuff--- :drool:

but --before learning about how great their boxes were -
i thought the sanyo brand was the pits-
all their other electronics were in a much lesser league than
sony or panasonic, etc

sort of crappy looking :dunce: :thumbsdown:

but --somehow
they sure got their act together -
to compete in the box world
Same here.....

I used to think the Sanyo 9994 was boring looking......just basic and dull.....

But then I got one :drool:

And experienced that awesome metal top & toggle switches...

And heavy build....

And green tuner light :drool:

AZA

Member (SA)
May 9, 2009
Down Under
Interesting thread !
I have to say i was surprised that some where mentioning brands such as Marantz
and Sharp and Sony :huh:
Then i noticed that most would add in an exception :-)

So like Rick mentioned, even your least favorite brand probably came up with the goods
on at least one model :thumbsup:

So for me it would be the brand SIlver

I have always passed on any Silver brand boxes i see, they always look cheap and boring and
i really just dont like them, except...
i do have an Silver SR 8000 and SR 8800. If you ever get the chance to listen to one that is working
as it should you may want one too :cool:

THAFUZZ

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Midwest, USA
Fatdog said:
Basically, anything from Emerson just makes me want to regurgitate. The only reason I bought an Emerson TV box is because my mom used to have one and the seller still had the original box and paperwork.
Of ALL the brands that I've heard, owned and/or seen, I gotta agree with FatDog. Cheapo City :thumbsdown:

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
the one model of box i never liked no matter how good it is , is the jvc kaboom . this box is hideous looking and i see no benefit to owning one :-P . i had one but it was more fun to smash than it was to use .

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
JVC Floyd said:
the one model of box i never liked no matter how good it is , is the jvc kaboom . this box is hideous looking and i see no benefit to owning one :-P . i had one but it was more fun to smash than it was to use .
YES.

To quote TRC-920:

"First of all,... this ain't a box."

Rock On.

Old school Scott

Member (SA)
Jun 12, 2009
JVC Floyd said:
That's it!!! :w00t:
I couldn't think of a brand that I hated enough to post but that hidious tube thing has to be it.
I know they sound good but, :no:
I wish there was a smiley with vomit coming out of the mouth.

Fun thread!

Cheers OSS :afro:

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
I don't like boxes where the speakers are angled slightly away from each other, trying to create a surround effect. :thumbsdown:
It makes the box look like someone took it and bent it over their knee :thumbsdown:
I prefer both of the speakers to be pointing straight ahead, so I can take it and put it right in front of my face and blast it and get the full effect :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.