The Global Traveling Tape Race - TEAM Maxell's Shipping Log

Status
Not open for further replies.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Hurry, hurry, hurry! We can still win this!

hahaha

Nice herbie :thumbsup: . I thought it would have take longer to get it done.

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
Mar 5, 2010
Berlin, Germany
www.myradio.berlin
Tapes recorded and shipped today. :-D

First of all...Roman, I just CAN NOT believe you did not add some Falco! :-O
I mean, you are from Vienna, you need to do that :lol: .
Just kidding...although I added a Falco song ;-)
It was lots of fun recording and reading the shipping log.
Awesome project that needs to be repeated for sure!!! :yes:

By the way, i want the MP3 download, one deck on my 777 sounds muffled and need head adjustment so I have no good dubbing stage here :blush:
And i feel a bit sorry for recording a track with the Unisef but at least it is authentic :lol:

Included a little surprise for TRC-920, yes, you can keep it Chris :yes: ;-)

ViennaSound

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Vienna / Austria
mmcodomino said:
First of all...Roman, I just CAN NOT believe you did not add some Falco! :-O
I mean, you are from Vienna, you need to do that :lol: .
Just kidding...although I added a Falco song ;-)
Yeah, first i wanted to add "vienna calling" :lol:
Maybe on the next race? ;-)

Have you added some songs from herbie movies? :-P

From TEAM JVC's djetaine:

"Well.... the tapes went out, but never got to Jaetee...
ALL IS NOT LOST HOWEVER
I got the tapes back friday. USPS returned them due to an "invalid shipping address" though i put exactly what he sent me. I have pm'd jaetee to verify that the address I received was correct.
As soon as he verifies this for me I will be shipping them out again via UPS this time.
Sorry for the delay!"

We still have a chance to win this!!! ;-) Come on TEAM MAXELL!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

djetaine

Member (SA)
May 13, 2010
Strānj-Bōōmbŏks said:

ALL IS NOT LOST HOWEVER
I got the tapes back friday. USPS returned them due to an "invalid shipping address" though i put exactly what he sent me. I have pm'd jaetee to verify that the address I received was correct.
As soon as he verifies this for me I will be shipping them out again via UPS this time.
Sorry for the delay!"

We still have a chance to win this!!! ;-) Come on TEAM MAXELL!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Hey now! The JVC tapes are already digitized and online so that counts for at least half a win right? :)

djetaine said:
Strānj-Bōōmbŏks said:

ALL IS NOT LOST HOWEVER
Sorry for the delay!"

Hey now! The JVC tapes are already digitized and online so that counts for at least half a win right? :)
No, it does not. No tape to JT, no win! :lol:

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
Bold Text = Tape received
Bold Italics = Tape received and shipped to next participant
* = next in line to receive tape

JaeTee
Uncle Ed (Florida)
Hemiguy2006 (Florida)
Oldskool69 (Alabama)
Blu_Fuz (Wisconsin)
Stranj (Venezuela)
Gluecifer (Australia)
ViennaSound (Austria)
Mmcodomino (Germany)

*Lasonic TRC-920 (California)

Looks like TRC-920 is last on the list and should have the tapes in hand soon (if not already)!

So.... finally.... both projects are coming to an end, and despite this last shipping hiccup for the JVC tapes heading my way from djetaine (we'll call it bonus mileage).... The JVC Team is still looking like they will pull off the win.

I've been looking over the pics in both threads and can't help but feel great about what a tremendous accomplishment it is for these tapes to have traveled as far as they have (with a bit left to go, even)! As it is right now, they have probably been in more countries than many of the participants have visited!

I think when its all said and done, I'll have to take the time to play around in photoshop and make up some customized J-cards using some of the pics you guys submitted of your boxes and gear doing their thing as these tapes deserve some special artwork to commemorate the journey and efforts behind. And I'd hate for the photo records of their journeys to be limited to just the proverbial ones and zeros on the internet.... :)

When I finish that (should have time around the holidays) I'll upload the J-card file as a JPG so those of you who made (or make) copies of the tapes from the downloads can print them up for your hard copies as well.

:-D

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
Mar 5, 2010
Berlin, Germany
www.myradio.berlin
Well, I got no tracking number because I sent it as "letter" although it was a small package...they said it fits regulations for a letter... :-/
I hope Chris got the tapes :hmmm:
And I hope I did not fail too badly when recording with the Unisef.... :lol: :blush: :angelic:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
jaetee said:
Any updates?
I now have the tapes from Berlin here is Southern California! Wow these things have really traveled. There are items in the package from all around the world.

I will be adding my tracks and sending it on...

ViennaSound

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Vienna / Austria
Strānj-Bōōmbŏks said:
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
jaetee said:
Any updates?
I now have the tapes from Berlin here is Southern California! Wow these things have really traveled. There are items in the package from all around the world.

Go Go Go Chris we can still win this!!!!!! Do it bro!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
and i think we will win the honor for the most miles.... :lol:

djetaine

Member (SA)
May 13, 2010
Strānj-Bōōmbŏks said:
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
jaetee said:
Any updates?

Go Go Go Chris we can still win this!!!!!! Do it bro!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Not unless the ups truck gets in an accident. JVC Tapes are on their way to florida right now. This time i sent em via ups so we can make sure they actually get there! :)

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
RECORDED! Tape ships tomorrow.

I have to say, I LOVE this Sharp GF-777z. This thing is a mobile recording studio.

So, Should I pay for OVER NIGHT shipping? :huh: How close are we?

Status
Not open for further replies.