THE big bertha Berecha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
You know, the first time I saw one of these I didn't think it was real. I thought someone had added the end surround speakers on, or that it was a 5 piece shelf system put not a portable. Then I saw the famous picture with the blonde holding it, but thought maybe she was just a child.

Then, never really saw one again until recently when some other members posted pictures with other boxes I recognized.

Now I just want to see one in person to take it all in. Of course I'm a fan of lots of switches, buttons and a big eq.

The more I look at it in your pictures Ira, the more I can't take my eyes off it. It's F'n Wicked! :thumbsup:

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
thanks chris --i had never seen one in person, either --
and actually expected it to be and to look like an oversized POS in the real--

but --ever since i saw that old shot of it -
with that big hot blonde -- :w00t:
just HAD TO have one--

now --i am 1/2 thrilled ( it a GOOD box )
the next 1/2 will happen when she appears here -- in the real !!! :-O :drool: :thumbsup: :yes: :yes:

-------------------------
btw --i do recall that ex-member ?? johnny had one on ebay -
about three months ago --looked about the same -
but an AKA -- not a berecha brand -- i bid too low on it -
but it never made his reserve

71spud

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Ira never learns.... he keeps bringing home the big'uns... and then gets rid of them when he sees how much acreage they actually take up. :no: So..... when will it be up for sale? (I am not looking, so don't ask! :lol: :-/ :lol: )

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
you are right spud --
this is twice as big as any trailer dweller should own -

but --its not heavy --its BIG fun --
so --not sure if its NOT a keeper :-) :cool:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
redbenjoe said:
BOINK -- THREE miuites ago -this smaller fisher just popped up
http://cgi.ebay.com/Fisher-30-Inch-Boom ... 20b7786ae1
I had a very similar Fisher but with a CD player on top. It was a real early portable cd unit. That thing used to skip like a S.O.B. :thumbsdown:

I finally freaked out one day and smashed an acoustic guitar over it! :angry: :nugget: :bang: :hmmm: :nonono: :annoyed:

I sure miss that guitar! :sad: :hmmm: :lol:

(BTW, 1500 post's YEAH! :w00t: )

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
joe -- the ebay listing said the fisher is a whopping 30" --
which is actually as wide as the big conions :-O :-O

but the berecha and its huge AKA brothers are 42" wide

LLopez

Member (SA)
May 8, 2009
:-D I had both of them and I like the Berecha better than the Helix besides it sounds better with deeper bass and highs, The Helix sounded good with clear bass not as deep but still good, However I stood with the Berecha version cause is the original one and I think the 1000 watts logo makes the boombox and the grills look good, Even if it does not really crank that loud. :lol:

LLopez

Member (SA)
May 8, 2009
:yes: Yea sorry Ira, They are too big to have in the castle so I decided to have the Berecha and the Helix in the storage, :sad: The sad part about it that when I auction the Helix, I had the Conion C-100F on top of the Helix when auctioned, Those were very nice pics, I'm looking through my archives if I can find them. :-)

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Damn it those things are cool!

So the Fisher auction is the smallest of this style, right?

The Fisher is only 1" longer than the TRC-975 so I think I will pass and wait for my Berecha!

Like I said before Ira..... DIBS

Status
Not open for further replies.