Not open for further replies.

Boom Shaka Laka

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Detroit
redbenjoe said:
whats up with the 79.2 ??
is that AM radio
79.2 is FM (assuming it's in MHz). In Japan, it's part of the FM broadcast band (76-90MHz). Here, it's below the FM broadcast band, in the area where TV channels 2-6 are located (and which will soon disappear, when TV goes digital).

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
Congratulations Malakai! That ones been on my list for the last year. Can't wait to experience on myself.

She's a keeper alright, well done brother.

Rock On.

2steppa

Member (SA)
May 11, 2009
Sunny Eastern England
ahardb0dy said:
medium wave - a radio wave with a wavelength between 100 and 1000 meters (a frequency between 300 kilohertz and 3000 kilohertz)

long wave

A radio wave with a wavelength in excess of 1000 meters.

I believe MW is the same as AM and LW is a shortwave band
MW and LW both use AM (Amplitude Modulation) for general broadcast purposes.

AM is not necessarily 'tied' to any band of frequencies, it's just a system for adding sound to a carrier wave. :-)

2steppa

Member (SA)
May 11, 2009
Sunny Eastern England
Beautiful radio by the way, those photos are superb :cool:

That 792 is in KHZ, it's the MW band and the euro channel spacing by the looks of things. (9 khz steps as opposed to the American 10 khz).

Boom Shaka Laka

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Detroit
Thanks for clearing all of that up, 2Steppa. Dopey me, I didn't even look at the photo when I tried to answer RBJ's question. Hopefully, I would've noticed that there was no decimal in the 792. :-/

2steppa

Member (SA)
May 11, 2009
Sunny Eastern England
I never thought anything of it till I took a closer look! :-D

I think it rang a bell and made me look twice seeing '792' as there's a station on MW in this region on that frequency.. :-)

(Classic Gold AM for the Bedford area in case anyone wonders!).

Status
Not open for further replies.