The 3rd Annual Las Vegas International Boombox Meet 2018!

SLO

Member (SA)
May 19, 2014
Inland Empire, Southern California
80977.jpeg

Left to Right, bottom row...
DJ Smoke1, Mike, Action Bros B Boy (name unknown), DJ KLASS ONE, Action Bros B Boy (name unknown), Karissa B aka Baby West Coast, Bobby's daughter Victoria (in front of Karissa B), Action Bros B Boy (name unknown), Howie1976 and his son Andre, Raul aka Oldskool33, Eric aka caution and Les.

Back row standing, left to right...
New member Robert, Rasheeda Hamilton, Dave aka Dr DER, Melvin aka mellymelsr, Manny aka mancardo, Bobby aka robtheeassassin, Adam aka THAFUZZ, new Boomboxery member Shawn aka hookedonshawnics, Adrian aka MacDaddyFreshness, Peter aka fresh produce/@thestereohype, Angel aka @angel6er, Steve (myself) aka SLO/@old_skool addict and my son little Steven.

I must say this was definitely one for the history books, big thank you to my good friend Bobby AKA robassassin for putting all of the hotel group rates and conference room together for us, he did all of our footwork out there in Las Vegas which helped us out tremendously.

The turnout was great, we had food and drink, live indoor graffiti with indoor spray paint (which I had never heard of before) all of the graffiti pieces we're done on on the spot live on thick, heavy canvas, and at the end they did a quick auction for each piece to raise money for Childhood cancer awareness,we had Las Vegas street performers from "Action Bros Las Vegas" come in and give us some b-boy/ breakdance action, a performance by Miss Karissa B aka Baby West Coast, we had over 80 radios on display throughout the room. The music was transmitted wirelessly through Reli's FM transmitter, which gave us the opportunity to tune into the same FM station and play the same music simultaneously, we had a portable turntablist DJ (DJ Smoke1) cutting it up on his turntable along with his wife Veronika selling one-of-a-kind hip hop merchandise by his side. We also had a raffle with tons of various prizes that were donated very generously by Boombox Magazine, Kid Frost, Tapehead City, Roman Cortez, Dr DER, Egyptian Lover, The Place Las Vegas, Old Skool33, Veronika/The Closet760, and bumpboxx.

After the event in the conference room was all said and done, we hauled all of our radios either to our vehicles or up to our hotel rooms and took a break, and then around 9 p.m. that night we all met up down by the lobby bar, and we headed out to the Las Vegas Strip for some Street blasting! Needless to say it's an experience I will never forget, not everybody was able to attend the walk down the strip but we still had a great time blasting the radio's in the wild!

I just want to thank everybody that attended, and helped put this thing together, we all pulled together to make this happen and I have absolutely no regrets. It's not easy getting a bunch of guys together to put these events together, and the bigger the event gets, the more complicated it can be at times, but we all pulled together and made it happen! In the end and we all had fun doing what we love, blasting classic boomboxes!

Here is a video of all of the boomboxes that we're displayed, enjoy! More pictures below...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOs2GD-OC7s

One of my favorite parts about collecting these vintage radios and having these events, is getting to network and meet all kinds of SUPER cool people from all over the place.

While our convention was going on, I had the pleasure of meeting Las Vegas photographer, Jill Meyers, No Doubt Las Vegas photography. She popped in to take some photos and to pay respect to all of the hard work and time that we put into restoring these classic Boomboxes. She said she recognizes all of the heart that we put into each restoration, and that she tries to capture that with her lens. Well I must say that her mission was accomplished, this next series of photos is dedicated to her.

I want to thank her for coming out and supporting us! If you are on Instagram, be sure to check out her page and give her a follow @nodoubtlv Enjoy her work!

DSC04175.jpgDSC04155.jpgDSC04199.jpgDSC04188.jpgDSC04190.jpgDSC04197.jpgDSC04194.jpgDSC04216.jpgDSC04204.jpgDSC04213.jpgDSC04220.jpgDSC04226.jpgDSC04224.jpgDSC04233.jpgDSC04231.jpgDSC04210.jpg

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
That was wicked!.
Nice to see tha fuzz and fresh produce back in action .
The selection of boxes is fantastic.
Rock on.

mellymelsr

Member (SA)
Sep 11, 2009
Northern Cali
Vegas was an epic venture once again. Hanging out with the fellas is always a blast. The West Coast was well represented. So much work, planning and money goes into this event but it takes a true brotherhood to make this work. It is truly a pleasure to have such great friends. Enjoyed every minute of it...alcohol consumption has some of my memories a little fuzzy...😂😂. Can't wait to do it again.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
You guys never dissapoint, great pictures of the blasters and the crew. Sorry I missed ya again this year :-(

angel6er

Member (SA)
Apr 22, 2015
Southern Cali
It was such an awesome time and it was great to meet a lot of you in person for the first time. Can’t wait to do it again next year🙌🏽

SLO

Member (SA)
May 19, 2014
JVC Floyd said:
That was wicked!.
Nice to see tha fuzz and fresh produce back in action .
The selection of boxes is fantastic.
Rock on.
Thanks Floyd, some true West Coast OG's rite there :-D

mellymelsr said:
Vegas was an epic venture once again. Hanging out with the fellas is always a blast. The West Coast was well represented. So much work, planning and money goes into this event but it takes a true brotherhood to make this work. It is truly a pleasure to have such great friends. Enjoyed every minute of it...alcohol consumption has some of my memories a little fuzzy.... Can't wait to do it again.
Well said Melvin, we've all bonded really tight with our on going group chat via WhatsApp. But theres nothing like getting together in person to enjoy what we do

Lasonic TRC-920 said:
Absolutely AWESOME! You guys have taken it to an all new level! Congratulations! Thanks for all the pictures and video
blu_fuz said:
You guys never dissapoint, great pictures of the blasters and the crew. Sorry I missed ya again this year :-(
We missed you guys :-/ But there WILL be a next time :rock:

angel6er said:
It was such an awesome time and it was great to meet a lot of you in person for the first time. Can’t wait to do it again next year
It was good to finally meet you bro! Oxnard was representing hard!

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Hell yes! I didn't know such lovely ladies attended this year, or I would have made more of an effort. :lol: :lol: :-D It's great to see Fresh Produce and Mac Daddy Freshness still in the action... and the new guys - that's awesome! Great pics and video!

SLO

Member (SA)
May 19, 2014
Fatdog said:
Hell yes! I didn't know such lovely ladies attended this year, or I would have made more of an effort. :lol: :lol: :-D It's great to see Fresh Produce and Mac Daddy Freshness still in the action... and the new guys - that's awesome! Great pics and video!
Haha, it would have been an honor to have you there brother

A few more shots...

IMG-20180929-WA0004.jpeg
80925.jpeg80921.jpeg80919.jpeg80912.jpeg80913.jpeg20181002_194423.jpg20181002_211153.jpg20181002_211259.jpg80935.jpeg20181002_211559.jpg20181002_205810.jpg20181002_193442.jpg20181002_211941.jpg20180929_231357.jpgIMG-20180930-WA0008.jpg

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Man, looks like a great time was had by all. As Slo said its gotta be hard getting a meet of this size together but damn it looks worth it. So many great boxes and a bunch of good guys getting together to blast, these meets are priceless.

I would love to make it over one day, my first trip to USA comes up next month, I will try to make it first of many.

Great work guys

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
Great work everyone, nothing more can be added to the fact that you guys know how to do it... this event is so on my wish list...

Hurb

Member (SA)
May 8, 2012
Amsterdam, Netherlands
pinterest.com
Finally made some time to look at this meet on the forum! Great story, pictures and boomboxes. Thx for sharing!! I had the fun of "being there" for a few minutes via Dr DER's phone, chilling in my House of Boom with some beers, made it even more International :-)

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
@DrDer im heading to New York City beginning of November! Im pretty pumped for it to

Dr DER

Member (SA)
Jan 30, 2015
Refferside Cali
Lol.. yeah it was cool too have you on the line
Hurb said:
Finally made some time to look at this meet on the forum! Great story, pictures and boomboxes. Thx for sharing!! I had the fun of "being there" for a few minutes via Dr DER's phone, chilling in my House of Boom with some beers, made it even more International :-)
Come on out to so cal.
T-STER said:
@DrDer im heading to New York City beginning of November! Im pretty pumped for it to

SLO

Member (SA)
May 19, 2014
*UPDATE*

Last year while I was attending the 2nd Annual Boombox meet in Las Vegas, as I was buying myself a beer at a bar nearby, I met a man named Thomas Hamilton (@iconicriders on IG) We talked briefly about the event, and how the West Coast boombox meets all started in mellymelsr's back yard, and Lasonic TRC-920's garage, and how the meets have grown and evolved. He was diggin it, and was into what we're doing. We exchanged contact info, and kept in touch off and on throughout the year.

When he found out about this years event, he graciously offered to stop in with his wife Rasheedah (@rah_riham on IG) for our 3rd International Boombox meet to do some interviews/"meet and greet" and make a video for all of us in attendance. Here is the video they put together for us, and here is Thomas with his event shirt that we gave him as a token of our appreciation. Thank you Thomas and Rasheedah!!

https://youtu.be/djFvj8M9HBw
20181006_233035.jpg

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Great vid man, nice to hear some words from some well known members to. Looks like a blast there and you guys really went big. Rasheedah is gorgeous to :D