The 2 Best Ways to Start your Day at 5am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
Just got my Gold Conion C-100F. Had it for only 4 days and I've found my routine for waking up in the morning.

The two best things at 5am.....Coffee and Conion. Guaranteed to make your day better.

Just playing around and created this Penciled photo of me moving my box around in the house

My hat is actually Black...not sure why it turned Brown. Ah well. Removed the cassette storage tray for this shot so I wouldn't break it. That's how they got broken back in the day. A shoulder with all the weight on little plastic tabs = broken.

I have 4 other Boxes (Lasonic 931, GE 3-5267A and Mint Panasonic/Quasar) but I'm on my Conion kick for now so it has center stage.

Enjoy and try it. Coffee and Conion (or your favorite box in the morning). I know I'm young but Abba in the morning gets me started...haha.

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
oldskool69 said:
Now that's about as good as it gets. The only thing that could improve it are:

1. A morning tumble with your significant other.
2. Bacon, bacon makes almost anything better.

:lol:
LOL. Very True. :agree:

Ken

Member (SA)
Aug 30, 2009
Bremerton, WA, USA
You could practically hear Bill's neck snap around when he said "...GOLD conion?" Everyone else is talking about sex, Abba, coffee, & bacon as if the boombox is no big deal... :lol:

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
Haha. You guys are too much!!!

baddboybill said:
Is that a GOLD Conion?? :drool:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes Sir. :-) I get that a lot. I like your YouTube videos.

Hey Fatdog and oldskool69....maybe you guys stumbled on what the lower storage tray was Really created for. 3 strips of Bacon!!! :hmmm:

superlew

Member (SA)
Apr 22, 2012
Woburn, MA
Transistorized said:

Hey Fatdog and oldskool69....maybe you guys stumbled on what the lower storage tray was Really created for. 3 strips of Bacon!!! :hmmm:
That tray can hold waayy more than 3 strips. I can comfortably fit 18 strips, if I fold them properly. :lol:
I can't listen to my C-100 that early in the morning - I live in an ancient apartment building and I have a "self-control" problem. :rock:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
You could practically hear Bill's neck snap around when he said "...GOLD conion?" Everyone else is talking about sex, Abba, coffee, & bacon as if the boombox is no big deal... :lol:

:lol: :lol: and your right :lol:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
I promise not to go on a photo shooting spree here but I polished my box up so I thought I would take a pic outside. Today when I went outside to wash my car I marveled at the sparkling wonder it has become. I think I spent more time buffing the box than my car. Cosmetically I think it looks good enough for me.

Conion.jpg

Don't laugh at the Coors Light. Trying to cut down on carbs..lol

I don't have as many boxes as most of you but here are the rest of my boxes.

My next Favorite only because of my history growing up with this model since I was a kid.
This is a GE 3-5267A. This one is fixed up for the long haul. New Caps, bulbs, belts, speakers, pinch rollers, etc. Feather touch fully automatic cassette deck (motor operates deck controls).
Should outlast me. Working 100% (Stereo wide and Music Search)

IMG_0091.JPG

Next is my Curtis Mathes JX-500. Got this one cheap. Didn't work. Found and repaired a bad trace on the main board. New belts, pinch roller. Feather touch controls (full automatic cassette deck). Works 100% now.

IMG_0090.JPG

Here is a Mint 4 Band Quasar GX 3612 (Matsushita Electronic Corp) AKA Panasonic. Nice Looking and Sparkles in the sun like an old juke box. All original Door Decal. If you had the receipt and took time travel back to 1982 you could return it and get your money back....its that clean! New belts are all this one needed and an adjustment on the tape motor speed. Back in business. Great Sound for its size. Fooled me.

IMG_0088.JPG

IMG_0086.JPG

Last but not least my Lasonic i-931x. Obviously in perfect condition..It's New

IMG_0089.JPG

That's it for me right now. I have a Panasonic Walkman but not into them as much so Ill leave that one out.

Hope you enjoyed my small box collection :-)

oldskool69

Staff member
May 5, 2009
'Bama!!! Deep In Da' Heart O' Dixie
Transistorized said:

Never thought about that...a Bacon loaded Conion? And you could always use the drippings for lubrication of the cassette deck where required! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
Yeah its a Conion. It Loves Duracell for breakfast as well as anyone enjoys bacon or coffee or waffles or eggs or hash browns, etc. Hey its a big boy. It needs all you can eat. I'm always on the go so don't like to be tied down with a cord so:

Now I'm feeding it 1.2Volt 10,000mah MiMH X 10 'D. That seems to curb its appetite until the next day. :frankenstein:

I am glad though because that buffet set me back 100 US dollars. Ah well....at least its all you can eat...this buffet can be stocked back up again at least 1000 times.. :thumbsup:

Talk about bringing home the bacon. whew!

Status
Not open for further replies.