Telefunken HIFI Studio 1M -VS- JVC M90

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Thank you ira :-) maybee it is the big room situation not sure :-) well you know what we were talking about via pm the wx1 hasnt got a hope in hell :lol: but i also dearly love the wx1 sound :-)

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
I have just thought of a box that may be louder than the fabled m90 although not the same quality the akai ajc1 it totally oblitorates the likes of the gx300 for volume although now i can't test it against the m90 because the belts have gone but it is a seriously loud box and yup i remember my gx 300 was very loud but the ajc1 took it for sheer volume. :-)

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
the room and us people determine much about the sound --

for instance -- tonight when all are sleeping --i plan to quietly- :-) :angelic: :cool:
make an A/B test between an aiwa 950 and a radio shack scr-8

i like them both --ALOT
so - the results will be very interesting to me-

but - as a group - in that club room -
- we just CANT make these 'little' comparos

as we could never hear either of them !!
:gathering: :bang: :clap: :dog:

oldskool69

Staff member
May 5, 2009
'Bama!!! Deep In Da' Heart O' Dixie
Per Johnnys request here are some photos I took of the GX-300H last night. (Yes the pics aren't my best work but at 11:00at night who cares? :lol: )

Now here is where it get wierd. Look at the speaker power handling... :hmmm:

And what the output rating is... :hmmm:

Now I have put this thing on the bench. It puts out a helluva lot more than what it claims. Try around 30w RMS per channel. Don't ask me why, I don't know. Maybe thats why this mofo eats 120w of juice making Alabama Power one happy ass utility company. But...I do like "sleepers". :thumbsup:

Check out the heatsink. The big grille in the back and grilles on the top do their best to keep everything cool. But she does get warm with that BTL amp in there. :-D

The connections are Euro DIN standard. :-)

Of course here is the afforementioned crossover network. :thumbsup: And notice the chunky MDF board for the speaker cabinet... :yes:

So Johnny...watcha think now? :hmmm: :-D

Johnny

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
MIDWEST
Thanks OS, that is a sleeper!!! Vary rare, as I have not seen one.... EVER!!!

Thanks for taking the time and doing it so late, I really appreciate it!
:yes:

71spud

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Johnny said:
No wonder he lives by the beach, he probably attracts all the hot babes with his woodie! :w00t: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Is that drift wood you are packing or are you just happy to see me?"

Johnny

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
MIDWEST
oldskool69 said:
redbenjoe said:
...used to be way bigger...

...than the average splinter... :lol: :lol:

:eek:fftopic:

I am glad we had this discussion, there is nothing better than hearing what people are passionate about!!! We all have our favorites.. but all our favorites belong to the retro/vintage genre of portable music systems!

Thanks for the responses, truth is I'd be happy with either one (M90 or 1M)! :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
The M90 smokes the Telefunken outside, where sheer volume counts......But the Telfunken smokes the M90 inside the house with its huge warm bass even at very low volume, made possible by 30 REAL watts per channel at only 0.5% distortion (not fake "Music Power" watts), and its very precise, clear, hifi-like treble (actually, both boxes have great treble, but I think the Telefunken has the edge for accuracy). It's the best 80's portable I've ever heard.