Tape 1 Belt Routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctx1985

Member (SA)
Sep 27, 2017
Toronto
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a diagram for the correct belt routing for the lower deck (Tape 1) on a Conion C-100F. I just rebelted mine with the recommended belts, but upon testing it, it's obvious that I did something wrong. Here is what is happening:

- Deck plays cassette correctly, but it spits the tape out of the bottom and I have to manually coil it back up correctly
- The right side spindle (the one that is linked via belt to the counter) is turning clockwise (I believe it should be turning counter-clockwise on this deck)
- When tape is playing, the counter is also counting backwards instead of forwards

I am pretty sure that based on the above, one of the belts is routed correctly, but the other is not. I am pretty new to this stuff and the belt routing is a bit confusing for me (the original belts were totally disintegrated so I couldn't just look at the old belts to see how to route the new ones.

I triple checked all of the wiring connections and am certain they are all connected properly.

I have searched online and can only seem to find how to route the belt on the upper deck.

Any help that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
The motor belt is hard to mess up, it just goes around the flywheel and motor.
The reel belt goes around the other smaller groove on the flywheel and around to other pulleys, one in each upper corner.
The counter belt goes around the spindle and tape run pulleys, and rests on the top part of the counter pulley.

ctx1985

Member (SA)
Sep 27, 2017
Toronto
Thanks Caution. I’m not sure what’s wrong then. I know I have the flat belt around the motor and flywheel properly, it’s the reel belt that mustn’t be right. I’ve tried it in every way I can think of routing it and the spindle either seems to turn the wrong way or not at all. I think I’ll take it apart again tomorrow with fresh eyes and maybe I’ll have a Eureka! moment haha.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.