Studio 1M

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
Anyone knows the wattages on the woofer?

Also no sound coming out from the tweeters could it be a cap problem and I noticed one speaker has a bit more highs then the other. I've play various tapes and still get the results even when using the tuner?

Would like if anyone can post a pic of the inside the speaker so I see the original wiring configuration. I had mine serviced and I'm not sure if the Tech did the right connection or cut corners because the midrange are sounding but the tweeters are not. Funny thing also the midrange sound more like a tweeter it has a very crispy sound. I like how it sounds but I'd rather have all speakers functioning as they should.

Jul 16, 2021
Germany

Also no sound coming out from the tweeters could it be a cap problem and I noticed one speaker has a bit more highs then the other. I've play various tapes and still get the results even when using the tuner?

Would like if anyone can post a pic of the inside the speaker so I see the original wiring configuration. I had mine serviced and I'm not sure if the Tech did the right connection or cut corners because the midrange are sounding but the tweeters are not. Funny thing also the midrange sound more like a tweeter it has a very crispy sound. I like how it sounds but I'd rather have all speakers functioning as they should.
If the tweeters don't have sound there likely blown which happens allot on the hifi1 because it can go way louder than the tweeters can handle.

Jul 16, 2021
Germany

The subwoofer doesn't say on it how much wattage it has

hopey

Member (SA)
Dec 28, 2014
Melb AU
You can check the tweeters by disconnecting and use a multimeter for continuity. The mid and tweets are protected by capacitors which sounds like they they have failed and sent the the low frequency's thought the coil an has burnt out.

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Where are our Tech Guru's hiding?.....

Yes.... Check the tweeter for continuity first... then compare the cross over components in both speakers.

Zuc

Oct 19, 2021
Canada
Hey ford93,
Were you able to resolve your 1M tweeter issues? If so what was the problem & fix to restore it?