Strange deck 2 issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeyserSoze

Member (SA)
Sep 20, 2017
London
Hi guys, hope your weekend is going well!

I'm in the middle of restoring my c100f at the moment and have a strange issue with deck 2, I've re-belted it, lubricated the moving parts, ha d a play around with it while out to make sure everything was moving smoothly and then put it back in, I popped in a cassette and it started playing fine, so far so good, but then when I pressed the prog button to change direction the deck just stopped playing, then no matter what I did it seemed to just not work, also when I tried to rew or ff it doesn't engage the buttons just spring back out.

I took it apart again and found that the mechanism that moves the selector switch was stuck part way through its movement, I wound the motor spindle with my finger and it moved the mechanism the full way, when i tried playing a tape again it worked, but it happens again when I try to press the prog button, has anyone else encountered this? :hmmm:

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
Do you know what size belt you used? If you didn't use a SBM10.0 I would try that size. The belt may be slipping and not able to carry the deck through the resistance of moving the mechanics for the switch.

KeyserSoze

Member (SA)
Sep 20, 2017
London
Good call, I just replaced the belt, it was SBM 13.0, so it was a little large, I had a 11.0, spare and tried that, success! It works fine now, now just need to adjust the motor pot and all will be well, thanks a lot. :thumbsup:

KeyserSoze

Member (SA)
Sep 20, 2017
London
Now for another question, changing the motor speed, where is the screw to change the speed on the deck 2 motor? Normally it's either in a hole on top or a circuit board, the motor for deck 2 doesn't seem to have a hole in the top to insert a screwdriver, and I can't seem to find a screw on a circuit nearby that looks like a candidate.

stragulus

Member (SA)
Sep 4, 2014
New York
My deck 2 has no speed control. Bizarre but true. You can just buy any random 2400 rpm ccw 12V dc motor with a speed screw to replace it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.