Speaker upgrade and repair for Sharp GF777

atarijen

Member (SA)
Mar 11, 2021
usa
I recently purchased a Sharp 777. Works, but one speaker is deformed (still plays okay) and another has tear at surround. I want to repair and recone the original speakers or purchase replacements. Does anyone know of a recone kit that fits the outer full-range speakers and look like originals? In the meanwhile I would like to upgrade the speakers until they can be repaired to avoid further damage. What are the best sounding speakers to put in a Sharp 777?

Attachments

atarijen

Member (SA)
Mar 11, 2021
usa
If damage isn't too big , you can try to glue some small pieces from old jeans, onto back side.
I was thinking about repairing, but the other cone has areas where the cone bows out and it is likely affecting the sound. Because the damage is on the edge it maybe harder to secure. I'd try to patch from the back. Re-cone would have better result. Does anyone know the dimensions of the original cone and spider?

atarijen

Member (SA)
Mar 11, 2021
usa
Alpines, all day!

I ordered some NOS 90's white Pioneers for the sides which just happen to look similar to your Alpines. Don't how how they compare. Box says it has better sensitivity than newer Pioneers and cheap enough to try. Now looking for the best "woofers" for this box. :)

atarijen

Member (SA)
Mar 11, 2021
usa
Does anyone have success with a separate subwoofer and amp? The midbass are still original and considering other options for office