Source for Eject Mechanism? (3D Printed, maybe?)

dwsiddall

Feb 15, 2023
USA
I have a Sharp GF-A1 and A2 and on both the cassette eject part is broken. I have attached a photo of the part in question. It's actually broken and super-glued but I have ZERO confidence that this will hold.

Does anyone know a source for these parts, perhaps a 3D printed version? I need TWO....I broke them when taking the case apart....

And speaking of that....how do you remove the face without breaking this?

Thanks....

Attachments

hopey

Member (SA)
Dec 28, 2014
Melb AU
Super glue can work if you use primer first. Best way is to use metal pins for strength. I have even used the threaded section of a bicycle spoke to great effect.

Reactions: dwsiddall

dwsiddall

Feb 15, 2023
USA
Thanks for this info.

Funny that no one noticed that the "catch" was glued upside down....

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
I have a Sharp GF-A1 and A2 and on both the cassette eject part is broken. I have attached a photo of the part in question. It's actually broken and super-glued but I have ZERO confidence that this will hold.

Does anyone know a source for these parts, perhaps a 3D printed version? I need TWO....I broke them when taking the case apart....

And speaking of that....how do you remove the face without breaking this?

Thanks....
The best way to prevent breaking these is to leave the cassette door open when you remove the front case if the cassette door is closed it's going to catch on the latch.

Reactions: dwsiddall