Sony CFD-G5O

Hooper

Aug 3, 2023
Florida USA
I have had this Sony cd radio cassette-corder for years and it's in great shape and has excellent sound quality. :)
I want to move cassettes to MP3s on my pc for preservation. Would like to use the Sony as the player, but...it only has a line in.
Is there an adapter I can use (like focusrite) to act as an intermediary device into the pc? Or...does the headphone jack work as the line out in the Sony and then into the pc?
I've searched a bit on this site and I see lots of smart folks here so I'm hoping for some advice...
Thanks!

Attachments

goodman

Member (SA)
Jun 14, 2011
Bulgaria
if your pc have line in jack, you need only one cable 3.5 to 3.5 mm.
One side into pc line input, other side into headphone out of Sony. You can use software like "audacity" for recording.
To have best recording result is important to disable most of music enhanser function like "groove", "bass", stereo effects and other similar.
To avoid distortion of recording, sound must be "flat" or "normal" and adjust Sony volume, so audacity level must be near to "-1" or "0".

Hooper

Aug 3, 2023
Florida USA
if your pc have line in jack, you need only one cable 3.5 to 3.5 mm.
One side into pc line input, other side into headphone out of Sony. You can use software like "audacity" for recording.
To have best recording result is important to disable most of music enhanser function like "groove", "bass", stereo effects and other similar.
To avoid distortion of recording, sound must be "flat" or "normal" and adjust Sony volume, so audacity level must be near to "-1" or "0".
Thanks...I will try that. I am using audacity for the project and have used it in the past - those are good tips on recording.