Slick Rick Arrives

Thomy71

Member (SA)
Mar 8, 2023
Germany
Congrats, I paid the full price last year. :-P Despite one can't let a USB stick constanly in as it sucks the battery empty, it's a lovely piece with cool look. I wish they would do other models but New Wave Toys seems to concentrate on toys now really.

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Jan 7, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Congrats, I paid the full price last year. :-P Despite one can't let a USB stick constanly in as it sucks the battery empty, it's a lovely piece with cool look. I wish they would do other models but New Wave Toys seems to concentrate on toys now really.
Yes I noticed that as well. There was to be a line of BT Boomboxes released by NWT but they seemed to have fallen back to arcade cabinet games. I believe the instructions had silhouettes of their next models to go in production or something like that

Reactions: Thomy71

Thomy71

Member (SA)
Mar 8, 2023
Germany
There was to be a line of BT Boomboxes released by NWT but they seemed to have fallen back to arcade cabinet games.
I asked them about half a year ago and they said they are still working on more BT boxes but "it's complicated" :-D Probably design and copyright issues, but they didn't mention any details on what exactly is complicated. I've kind of given up hope at the moment.

Reactions: Brutus442

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
Now that they have their first model out of the way, they could use the same internal circuitry for the other shells. That would be a plus as far as production goes.

The Super Jumbo would be an easier box to duplicate as it only has lighted meters vs swinging VU meters. The other radios would be more awesome if they could make the meters work. LEDs should be the easy part in miniature. The C100 would still be very cool if only the LEDs worked. But VU meters would be icing on the cake.

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Jan 7, 2012
Toronto, Canada
I agree Transistorized, the C100 would be iconic for sure but given NWT's love for tiny LED functions (see their Mini Pinball rig) I can almost see a Discolite 990R or something with a little "glitz" if you will.
On a personal level a Sharp GF777 or even a Classic 3 piece like a PC-55 or a Fisher PH 490K with remote detachable speakers would be awesome...pipedreams I guess

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Now that they have their first model out of the way, they could use the same internal circuitry for the other shells. That would be a plus as far as production goes.

The Super Jumbo would be an easier box to duplicate as it only has lighted meters vs swinging VU meters. The other radios would be more awesome if they could make the meters work. LEDs should be the easy part in miniature. The C100 would still be very cool if only the LEDs worked. But VU meters would be icing on the cake.
i think 5 of these mini m90s in the same pic would look incredible lad especially on my large tv....you must do it lol
these things almost look real on my 65 inch tv ryan lad :thumbsup:

on a side note i have only just come out of hospital again but guess what i had my victor m90 in there haha that is 2 hospitals my victor has been in with me, almost had her for 10 years straight brother, the longest i have had any boombox for :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
i think 5 of these mini m90s in the same pic would look incredible lad especially on my large tv....you must do it lol
these things almost look real on my 65 inch tv ryan lad :thumbsup:

on a side note i have only just come out of hospital again but guess what i had my victor m90 in there haha that is 2 hospitals my victor has been in with me, almost had her for 10 years straight brother, the longest i have had any boombox for :thumbsup:
Keep on keeping on brother. You certainly can't go wrong with lifting your spirits with an icon from the peak of boombox history.