SKR-501...The monster box from East Germany...Nice LEDs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
d8614ss said:
gotta say I like the look of that beast, love them led's but the music sucks Reli :-D congrats on a great score :thumbsup:
The music does not suck. :-P OK next time I will try some techno.
Hey have you found another D8614 yet? Have you considered a Condor? Same box, and I have seen them on Ebay.

systemaddict

Member (SA)
Mar 26, 2014
East Coast England
ha ha the music is cool it kinda goes with the box :-) no i have'nt come acrosss a d8614 yet mate, i know what your saying about the condor but it's not the same for me. it's made in poland unlike the philips and the name condor kinda puts me off, thanks for thinking of me though mate much appreciated ;-)

Beosystem10

Member (SA)
Feb 21, 2013
UK. 55.7710° N
:drool: :drool: :drool: Ooh! Love that. The Rammstein tune works well methinks. The build quality reminds me of my Tento-built Selena Vega multiband radio of the type that used to be sold in the UK by people who advertised them in those ads in the back pages of the Sunday supplements. And Laskys of course. That radio lacks bass in spite of a fairly large oval speaker and an impressive Push-Pull audio stage but the treble could cut glass it's that shrill when turned up to the end stop.

I would dearly love to own one of these boxes, if only because it makes the GF555 look pretty. :lol: ;-) Another one to search for on eBay.de :-)

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
There are at least 3-4 of these being sold on ebay.de every week. ^_^
Believe it or not, it was sold in the mid 80's. They were 10 years behind the rest of the world. :lol:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Great review man, thanks for all the pictures. I love this kind of stuff. Maybe it's because my memory of the 80's when the cold war was going on, us American's always wondered what was on the other side. Maybe this box is no Sharp, but it's cool nonetheless certainly worth saving!

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
Great review man, thanks for all the pictures. I love this kind of stuff. Maybe it's because my memory of the 80's when the cold war was going on, us American's always wondered what was on the other side. Maybe this box is no Sharp, but it's cool nonetheless certainly worth saving!
Yeah definitely, it was all a big mystery, all the hype about the Iron Curtain and how "different" they were. Movies like Rocky 4, Red Dawn, Firefox, lol :lol: .........How simple and easy it was.

CorafanRIP

Member (SA)
Feb 23, 2012
Leipzig Germany
yes it I can get you 10 pieces without joking yesterday
I have seen again in 2 piece antique shop :-)
me personally this box does not say to you but it sure is a highligh :-D

ja davon kann ich euch 10 stück besorgen ohne scherz erst gestern
habe ich wieder 2 stück im antik geschäft gesehen :-)
mir persönlich sagt diese box nicht zu aber für euch ist sie sicher ein highligh :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.